1. The Fixed Deposits does not have any premature withdrawal facility i.e. the Fixed Deposits cannot be closed by the depositor before expiry of the term of such deposit. However, the Bank may allow premature withdrawal of these deposits in the exceptional circumstance such as in the event of any direction from any judiciary /statutory and / or regulatory authorities cases or deceased claim settlement cases
2. In the event of premature withdrawal of these deposits under above mentioned exceptional circumstances (except for deceased claim settlement case), the Bank will not pay any interest on the principal amount of the deposit. Any interest credited or paid up to the date of such premature closure will be recovered from the deposit
3. In the event of premature withdrawal of these FDs due to death claim , interest to be paid to the claimant. With effect from July 22nd, 2023, the interest rate applicable for premature withdrawal wiil be the rate on the date of deposit booked, to the period for which deposit remained with the bank and not at the contracted rate.
4. Sweep-in facility and partial withdrawal is not allowed.
5. The deposit is allowed for Non Resident Category also. The minimum tenor for NRE deposit is 1 Year.
6. The deposit will be booked with maturity instruction as ‘Do Not Renew’
7. The above base rate will be applicable only if minimum single deposit size is 2 crores & 5 Crores
8. The minimum tenor for resident and NRO deposits of 2 crores is 1 year and 91 days for 5 crore & above
9. The Non Withdrawable Deposit is offered for amount 2 crore and above only.
10. The interest is calculated on a quarterly basis for deposits with a tenor above 6 months.
11. The FD rate applicable for a monthly interest option will be a discounted rate over the standard FD Rate. Please contact the nearest Branch for further information.
12. Deposit will be booked upon availability of clear funds with the bank and applicable interest rate will be given as on the date of receipt of the funds by the bank.
13. The above rates are applicable for fresh fixed deposits and are subject to change from time to time without prior notice.
14. For terms and conditions and other details, please contact your nearest HDFC Bank Branch/Relationship Manager.
15. As interest rates are subject to change without prior notice, depositor shall ascertain the rates on the value date of FD.
16. Tax at source is deducted as per the Income Tax regulations prevalent from time to time.
17. Overdraft Facility /Advances are NOT allowed against Non-withdrawal Fixed Deposit and it continue to remain not eligible for any security collaterals like issuance of Letter of Credit / Bank Guarantee or any other margins etc
18. To apply, please visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch. Click here to view interest rates