We Understand Your World
We understand that you may be distressed under these trying circumstances and concerned about being affected financially or unable to reach our branch or our customer care number, but we are here to help you out. We will help you through this page in giving you an update on our services and the support that is available.
Help with managing your Finances
The moratorium on payment of loan EMIs and credit card dues under the COVID-19 regulatory package has expired on 31st August 2020. We would not be accepting moratorium requests anymore. Your EMI and card dues will be debited from September 2020 by the Bank as per schedule. You are requested to maintain sufficient balance in your account to avoid any default.
- No charges on fund transfer through UPI till 3rd June 2020
- Due to Covid - 19 outbreak, government announced relief measures under which the bank waived off AMB and ATM charges from 1st April'2020 to 30th June'2020. The waiver of charges has been discontinued effective 1st July'2020. Please check your respective Savings Account and Current Account to know more about AMB and ATM charges.
Products suited to your current needs while helping you stay safe
- Insta Account: You can open a savings account with HDFC Bank, India’s No.1 Bank instantly through our digital application process. You can do this from the comfort and safety of your home; no need to visit the branch.
- Insta Credit Card: Select customers can get a credit card instantly. You can apply through our digital application process and check your eligibility. Select customers will get their credit card instantly through an e-mail. Details such as PIN and CVV will be shared separately for security reasons and you can start using your card for online transactions instantly
- Step-up EMI in our loan offerings such as Personal Loan, Auto Loans: You pay lower EMI in the initial period of your loan and the EMIs are increased in the future period. So that paying now becomes easier and less of a burden. The EMIs are increased in a later period when the situation should be far better and you can manage to pay higher EMIs
- Helping businesses stay afloat: We are offering businesses an emergency credit line facility – which is an additional loan amount up to 20% of their existing loan outstanding with us to help them to tide over these tough times
Helping India and its citizens cope with the COVID situation
- We understand that while we take care of our customers and our employees, the COVID situation is a much larger problem and we as a leading Bank of the country need to play an active role in supporting the country and aiding in the fight against COVID.
- HDFC Group has donated INR 150 Crores to the PM Cares Fund to support the government in fighting the COVID situation
- We realise that the interest and safety of our citizens is larger than the Brand. HDFC Bank has placed safety grids (a part of our logo unit) at almost 5000 essentials stores (including medical stores and grocery stores) across 9 cities to help Indians practice social distancing
- We created a song in partnership with AR Rahman to help create hope and positivity amongst Indians. The video reached more than 30 million Indians and it was also leveraged to get more donations to the PM Cares Fund.
Beware of scammers
- Never share your customer ID, PIN, Password, OTP, UPI PIN etc.
- We want to keep you safe and don’t want scammers to take advantage of the uncertainty that is ng caused by coronavirus. For more information on how we can help keep you and your money safe, please visit our secure banking section.
We understand that you may want to contact us for your queries. As a measure to serve our customers better, we continue to provide essential activities such as cash deposits and withdrawals, clearing of cheques, remittances and government transactions at our branches. However we appeal to everyone to visit the branch premises only in case of absolute necessity. Our employees are also facing the same challenges that you are and so we are asking for your help.
If it is absolutely necessary for you to visit a branch, please observe the normal safety measures such as: use masks, sanitizers and gloves while entering the branches, avoid touching counters and maintain proper distance from staff and other customers. We also request that anyone with cough and cold symptoms should avoid going to the branch.
You may also reach out to customer care phone numbers for your queries. However, as a precautionary measure for our employees, we are operating with reduced staff so you may face a delay in response. You may also use our Digital Customer Service Agent, Chatbot Eva, who is available 24X7 to answer your queries.
Help with your banking transactions
Branch and ATM
We recommend that you use our Mobile App or NetBanking platform for your banking needs from the comfort of your home but if you wish to visit a Branch or ATM, then you may visit our Branch ATM section to find one near you.
Bill Payments and Recharge
You can pay your bills from the comfort of your home. Water, electricity, gas, landline / mobile (prepaid and postpaid), internet broadband, DTH cable etc. are the different types of bills you can pay through various modes available at HDFC Bank. To know more, please visit our Bill Payment or Recharge section.
While you may visit our Branch or ATM near you for withdrawing cash, you may also consider transferring money to your local kirana stores, vegetable vendor, domestic help, etc., through our UPI platform on our mobile app or through our partner UPI Apps. This may save you from stepping out of the house to withdraw cash. To know more please visit our UPI section.
Send money to your near and dear ones
To send money within the same city or a different city in India, you may use NEFT or IMPS or UPI to transfer the money and ensure that they financially looked after. To know more, please visit our Money Transfers section.
Send money abroad
If you have your loved ones abroad and wish to help them out financially, you may use our NetBanking platform to transfer money seamlessly. No queues, no cheques, no forms or letters, no hassles.
To know how to send money abroad, please visit our RemitNow section to see all details.