Digital Loan Against Mutual Funds
HDFC Bank is the first Bank to offer, Digital Loan Against Mutual Funds (LAMF). You can pledge mutual fund investments online and get an overdraft limit set in your account. Enjoy the benefits of instant availability of funds, retention of mutual fund returns without liquidation, and more.
WATCH DEMO APPLY NOW
Digital Loan Against Shares
You can also get an instant loan against shares online in 3 easy steps - a complete digital and paperless process.
1. Login to NetBanking, and choose the shares to pledge
2. Accept agreement through a one-time password (OTP)
3. Pledge shares with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) & Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) online by confirming OTP
Your Loan Against Securities (LAS) account is opened instantly. The funds are available for use immediately.
To apply, Demat tab > Request > Loan Against Securities
To know how, watch a demo.
Get loan against the widest range of collaterals in the industry
Approved list of securities includes:
Get loan up to 50% of the present value of the Shares
Equity Mutual Funds: Get loan up to 50% of the NAV (Net Asset Value)
Debt Mutual Funds/ FMPs: Get loan up to 80% of the NAV
Life Insurance Policies
Get loan up to 80% of the surrender value
National Savings Certificates (NSC)
Get loan up to 70% of the present value
Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
Get loan up to 70% of the present value
Select PSU Navratna bonds with 10,15- and 20-years maturity ( LTV ranging from 60% to 75%)
- Digital loan against Shares/ Mutual Funds
Pledge your Shares/ Mutual Funds digitally and get an instant loan in three easy steps. It’s completely automated and paperless.
- High Loan to Value
Get a loan worth up to 80% of the value of the securities pledged, with the minimum loan amount of Rs. 50 thousand.
- Loan End Use
The HDFC Bank Loan Against Securities is provided only for personal purposes. The loan amount cannot be used for speculative activities, any purpose linked to capital market activities, or for any anti-social purposes. All credit provided is at the absolute discretion of HDFC Bank.
- Easy Repayment
Service your interest payments by way of credits in your account every month. The interest is calculated only on the amount of the loan actually used by you.
- Transparent Processing
All our charges are communicated up front, at the time of the processing of the loan. HDFC Bank Loan Against Securities comes without any prepayment and foreclosure charges, and relieves you from the stress of dealing with post dated cheques.
- Quick and Efficient Servicing
With our doorstep service and efficient servicing processes, your loan will be processed quickly. Our Loan Against Securities has a dedicated help desk, to help you with the entire process.
- Interest Only on Actual Amount Used
When you opt to take a Loan Against Securities, you don't need to worry about paying interest on the entire loan amount. You will be charged interest only on the actual loan amount you use. Interest will be calculated on the daily outstanding balance, and debited to your account at the end of every month.
Note: With effect from 1st Jan 2011, the interest rates in Loan Against Securities (LAS) a/cs are linked to Base Rate. Any movement in Base Rate of the Bank would have a similar impact on the Rate of Interest in LAS a/c.
W.E.F 1st April 2016 for all new LAS a/cs opened or renewed the interest rates applicable are linked to MCLR (Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate).
W.E.F 1st October 2019 for all new LAS a/cs are opened with fixed interest rates & all renewals are linked to External benchmark
- Single Scrip Lending Service
Get up to 50% of the value with any Depository Participant.
- Pledging Options
You are free to pledge shares from any Depository (NSDL or CDSL) and any Depository Participant across the country.
- Options for NRI Applicants
NRIs can choose from options of shares, mutual funds (equity, debt of FMPs), insurance policies, NSC or KVP.
- Current Account Benefits
When you opt for an HDFC Bank Loan Against Securities, we will create a current account with an overdraft limit for you. This will allow you to enjoy all the facilities and benefits that come with a current account. You will also have access to features such as Phone Banking, NetBanking
- Digital Loan Against Shares
Individual customers who have an existing Demat Account with HDFC Bank can easily apply for a Loan Against Securities through NetBanking. To avail of the loan, simply log in to NetBanking using your Customer ID and IPIN. Click on the Demat Tab, and then click on the Request option on the left hand side of the screen. Finally, click on Loan Against Securities, and select the shares that you'd like to offer as collateral from your Demat Account
View a demo of the process here.
Login to NetBanking and apply now.
Terms & Conditions:
- Available quantity refers to the free scrips available for pledging.
- Please note that the Demat holdings shown in your account are as of previous working day. The final loan limit will be based on the value and quantity available at the time of pledging of securities.
- Minimum loan amount for eligibility is Rs.1,00,000 and the maximum is Rs. 20,00,000. Please adjust the quantity of scrips for pledging in case your limit is not in the range.
- Please select only Equity shares for pledging.
- Shares of minimum 2 different companies (different ISIN) need to be pledged. (Single scrip lending also available, kindly refer to our approved list for details)
- The contribution of any single scrip should not exceed 65% of the total portfolio value at any point of time.
- In case the Demat account is jointly held, the authorization of the joint Demat account holders would be required. Bank representative will visit you for the sign off.
- Terms and conditions apply, limit setting subject to documentation being completed and signed off.
- Credit is at the sole discretion of HDFC Bank Ltd.