How to Save Money while Shopping for your Summer Vacation?
We have all been there – despite having no place to store our stuff; we never seem to have anything to wear! And yet, when it’s vacation time, we go overboard, buying an entirely new wardrobe of clothes, shoes, and accessories. After all, we all want Instagram-worthy pictures!
With the expense of the actual holiday weighing on you, it would be advisable to cut down on costs when shopping. Here are some simple, but smart hacks that can get the job done.
- Make a list: Note down everything you need (not want). Sleep on it and review the list after two days and strike off the things you can do without. When shopping, stick to the list; if something is not on it, do not buy it. This will cut down on unnecessary expenses.
- Look beyond the vacation: Those pink hot pants may look cute, but will you ever wear them once you’re back from your vacation? Won’t it make more sense to buy a pair of denim shorts that you will use a lot more often? This way your shopping will be completely worth it.
- Shop online: Ah, blessed online shopping! Apart from the convenience and ease, the discounts offered are enough to make you forget about malls. From luggage to clothes to shoes, everything is available online at lower rates. Even mobile payment wallets such as HDFC Bank PayZapp can be used for all your shopping while providing offers and discounts. The more you shop from one site, the more likely you are to earn more rewards from that site.
- Shop off-season: Plan ahead! If you’re going on a beach holiday in the summer, shop during the sale season or winter for summer clothes. Swimming costumes and other beachwear could be more economical at this time, while sweaters and winterwear will be cheaper during summer months.
- Be smart at the sale: Sales are great to buy things for a steal but don’t get carried away. If you don’t need another pair of jeans, don’t buy just because it comes at a throwaway price. It may be cheap, but you still don’t need it. Impulse shopping is a bad idea, especially when you have other expenses to worry about.
- Check your bank offers: Nowadays, banks tie up with online shopping sites to offer additional discounts. For example, by using HDFC Bank SmartBuy discovery platform, you can get cashbacks and reward points in addition to whatever discount the shopping site offers. Additionally, you can compare prices and find the best deal for your pocket.
- DIY: Lastly, get creative. Need cut-off shorts? Why not alter an old pair of jeans yourself? Need a swimsuit cover-up? Repurpose an old stole or scarf. Avoid spending money where you don’t need to and make the best of the things that you already have.
The money that you save on your shopping list can be used as part of your vacation- use it to buy something fun from the destination you are travelling to or sign up for an experience you cannot get in your hometown. After all, your shopping will have an expiry date, but the memories you make will last a lifetime.
Looking to shop on SmartBuy today? Click here to get started!
Click here to read more on how to enjoy safe online shopping.
* The information provided in this article is generic in nature and for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for specific advice in your own circumstances.