Plan the perfect date night without running around
Raju asks Geetu out on a date. They decide to meet at a restaurant in Colaba and then head to a movie. Raju travels two hours to get there, rushes to the theatre to buy tickets, and then waits inside the restaurant. Geetu arrives a little later and waits outside. After waiting 45 minutes and not being able to spot each other, they head back home angry and disappointed!
Sounds unbelievable? Well, it’s a true (and slightly funny) story. I would know; Raju and Geetu are my parents. If you’re wondering why they didn’t just call each other, that’s because it was back in the 1980s when today’s ubiquitous mobile phone was nowhere in the picture.
Planning a great date is thankfully not so hard anymore. You can put together a beautiful night that will wow your partner without any need to run around. Everything can be booked and bought with just a few clicks on your phone. Here are some tips to help you along:
- Set the mood: Showing up with a small, thoughtful gift is endearing and goes a long way in ensuring your date goes well. It could be flowers or a small box of chocolates. If you do not have the time to buy a gift, there are apps that can do the job for you. You can have the gift delivered to you just in time for your date.
- Book your entertainment: Entertainment options are plenty, especially if you live in a large city. There are mobile apps that will give you all the dope on what’s playing near you. You can choose between a good old movie, a play, or a musical. If you want to tickle their funny bone, you could book tickets to a stand-up comedy show. Just choose your entertainment, select your seats, and book and pay via your mobile wallet.
- Fancy dine-out experience: You no longer have to call weeks in advance, ‘know’ someone, or (unsuccessfully) bribe the maître d’ à laChandler Bing to get a table at a fancy restaurant. There are multiple apps that let you book a table – some even offer a discount to sweeten the deal. You can go cashless if you want and pay for the dinner with a mobile payment service.
- Shake that leg: Nothing is as romantic and as intimate as dancing with your partner. You can find out if there are any social dance events in your city. Yes, there are selected apps for that too. Mostly such events have workshops as well, so you can learn a few basics. Look for Bachata, Kizomba or Jive workshops and book your spot for a fun night.
- A nightcap: Getting a coffee afterwards is a great way to end the night. You can search online or check food apps for coffee shops that stay open late into the night in your area. A beautiful starry night, a cup of coffee and some great conversation will make it a memorable date.
- Safe ride home: Driving under the influence is a big turn off, so book a cab. Opt for a premier luxury car if you want to end the night in style. Drop your date off safely at her doorstep. Head home and pay seamlessly for your car ride with your mobile wallet.
Planning a great date is this easy. If you’re looking for one app that can handle almost all your needs, download HDFC Bank PayZapp. With this you can shop online, buy movie tickets, get discounts at restaurants, pay for taxi rides, pay securely by linking any bank’s Debit Card or Credit Card, and do much more.
So, spare no effort to pull out all stops – and make it a night to remember!
Wondering how MobileBanking Apps makes life easier for you? Read more on the features of Mobile Banking here.
* The information provided in this article is generic in nature and for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for specific advice in your own circumstances.