Subscriber can enrol for NPS through the online application mode from the convenience of his home / office. The prime objective of the scheme is to provide all citizens of India with an attractive long term savings avenue to plan for retirement through safe and reasonable market based returns. The account can be opened by all Indian Citizens between 18 to 60 Years.
Steps for online account opening:
- Subscriber can enrol for NPS by clicking on 'Apply Now' option under NPS (National Pension System)
- Subscriber will get online form, which needs to be filled with mandatory fields.
- Receipt number for subscriber registration (account opening) will be generated. There will be provision to complete the registration (account opening) later based on receipt number search.
- Subscriber's e-KYC will be done through Aadhaar (OTP based authentication).
- Subscriber enters remaining details like Bank details, scheme details, nominee details etc.
- Subscriber needs to upload photograph and signature (Cheque and PAN for Tier II).
- Subscriber will enter the contribution amount (this is the amount subscriber wants to invest in NPS) and click for payment.
- Subscriber will be directed to online payment platform wherein subscriber will complete the payment through HDFC Bank NetBanking.
- On successful payment, PRAN will be allotted to the subscriber and PDF form will be generated based on data given. This can be saved for reference and need not be sent separately (This is only applicable for Aadhaar based NPS account opening).
NPS Account opening Contribution:
Minimum Contribution required at the time of account opening
Minimum Subsequent Contribution amount required
Minimum contribution required per year
Minimum number of contributions required in a year