To open a Demat & Trading account online customer has to be a Resident Individual with Sole account Holder having an existing HDFC Bank Savings or Salary account
1) Keep your Pan and Adhaar copy handy
2) Your Mobile number should be linked to Aadhaar
Please click here to get started with your DigiDemat journey
All customers can also visit their nearest branch to open Demat & Trading account. Click here to find your nearest Demat centre
Documents Required for Demat & Trading Account opening:
Now you can open a Demat and Trading account online from the comfort of your home or office, anytime.
Online application (only for resident single holder)
There are no documents required to initiate online application of Demat and Trading Account. However, ensure that the mobile number used in the journey is linked to its Aadhaar. Also you will require your Aadhaar number for KYC (Digilocker) & E-sign.
Open a Demat Account with HDFC Bank for a seamless investment experience in all types of securities. Following is the list of documents required for a Demat Account opening.
- 2-in-1 Demat & Trading Account Opening Form
- Mandatory - Self-attested copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Proof of Identity & Address:
Any one of the following KYC documents required for Demat Account for both ID and address proof.
- Valid Passport
- Driving License
- Aadhaar (ensure your Aadhaar is linked with your mobile number)
- Voter ID
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) Job Card issued by the State Government
- Letter issued by the National Population Register containing demographic details
If you are a Non-Resident Indian or a Foreign National allowed to trade in the Indian stock market as per RBI and FEMA guidelines, you need to submit the following:
- Valid Passport/Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
- Overseas Address Proof
- Mariner's declaration form or copy of Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) (if you are an NRI working in the Merchant Navy)
Recent passport-sized photos
DDPI (if you want to avail online trading facility)