No end-use restriction: Unlike in the case of an Education Loan, there isn’t any restriction on how you use a Personal Loan for students. From funding your stay while you pursue your higher education abroad, to paying off a part or the entirety of your tuition fees, how you use it is up to you.
Flexible tenure and pocket-friendly EMIs: A key consideration for students is pocket-friendly EMIs. HDFC Bank’s instant Personal Loan for students comes with flexible tenures of 12-60 months, which eases the EMI repayment burden.
Hassle-free application, minimal documentation: The process of applying for a Personal Loan for students in India from HDFC Bank is hassle-free. You can apply online, through an ATM, using the Loan Assist App or in person at the bank branch. The process requires minimal documentation, more so if you are a pre-approved HDFC Bank customer.
Claim tax benefits on interest payments: If you put the loan amount to use towards funding higher education, you may be able to claim tax beneget a personal loanfits on the interest payments.
Instant personal loan for students: You can get a loan approved almost instantly. It takes around 10 seconds (for pre-approved HDFC Bank customers) to less than 4 hours (for non-HDFC Bank customers) to get a Personal Loan.
- Salaried employees at select private limited companies and public sector undertakings (including central, state and local bodies)
- Must be between 21 years and 60 years of age
- Must have had a job for at least 2 years, with a minimum of 1 year with the current employer
- For the self-employed: applicants may be required to have a specified minimum income, and financial documents that show stability of income.
- For an HDFC Bank Salary Account holder: must have a minimum net monthly income of Rs 25,000.
- For a non-HDFC Bank Salary Account holder: must have a minimum net monthly income of Rs 50,000
*Government taxes and other levies as applicable will be charged over and above the Fee and Charges. Loan disbursal is at the sole discretion of HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Identity proof (copy of passport/voter ID card/driving license/Aadhaar)
- Address proof (copy of passport/voter ID card/driving license/Aadhaar)
- Bank statement for the previous 3 months (Passbook for previous 6 months)
- Two latest salary slips/current dated salary certificate with the latest Form 16
- Proof of end use
Interest Rates & Charges:
|Rate of Interest||10.50 % to 25.00%|
|Processing Fees||Upto 4999 + GST|
|Tenure||03 Months to 72 Months|
|Documents Required||No Documents for Pre-approved Personal Loan|
|For Non Pre-approved - Last 3 Months Bank statements, 2 Latest Salary Slip and KYC|
|Updated as 26th May 2023|