5 Most Innovative Mobile Banking Features by HDFC Bank
With the advancements in technology, mobile phones have changed the way we carry out various tasks in our daily lives. One of the functions that mobile phones have made simpler is banking. All you need to do is download the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App on your phone and you are ready to go.
But if you’re still stuck with the basics of mobile banking, here are some other features that can let you do a lot more through your mobile banking account.
1. Account management
Mobile banking gives you up-to-date information on your account instantly. You can:
- Get updates on your bank account, fixed deposits and credit cards that you maintain with the bank.
- Check your balance, transaction history and other account-related information whenever you want.
- Download and share receipts of payments with family and friends. It allows you to catch any problems or inconsistencies faster, allowing quicker rectification.
2. Bill payment
There’s no need to write out cheques anymore. Whether it is your credit card, electricity or telephone bill, you can pay them all from the palm of your hand, in a jiffy.
- View bill payment history, pending payments, or cancel payments upfront, directly from the home screen.
- Sign up for automatic bill payments and pay these with just one click using the Mobile Banking app.
3. Fund transfers
- Quickly transfer funds to another account in the same bank or to an account in another bank through the NEFT/RTGS or IMPS facility via your app.
- Share your transfer receipts on social media with the ‘Share’ and ‘Download’ options.
- Directly apply for loans, credit cards etc.
4. Task lists
Certain financial transactions need to be carried out on time to avoid a penalty, such as EMI and bill payments. If you have the habit of forgetting things, mobile banking makes managing your tasks easier.
· Create a task list of all your banking to-dos or add them to your ‘Favourites’ section on the app to make a list of frequently transacted items. This can help you bank faster.
Mobile banking is more secure than you know.
- It provides 2-factor authentication of user ID and password along with an OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- You receive an email confirmation for every financial transaction.
- It uses face ID and fingerprint access just like your phone, making it convenient and highly secure as only you can access the account.
- Other features include easy access to your account 24x7, safe and secure transactions, instant alerts and notifications, ATM/branch locator, and many more.
You can do a lot more with HDFC Bank MobileBanking. It is the easiest and most convenient way to stay connected to your bank. The best part is that it is completely secure – no personal data is stored on your mobile device or SIM card. Consequently, there is no chance of the data being stolen in case the phone gets misplaced. With HDFC Bank MobileBanking you can check your account balance, pay bills, transfer funds and make credit card payments anywhere, anytime.
Which devices is the app compatible with?
The HDFC Bank MobileBanking app is available for smartphones and tablets that run on iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry systems. The App allows you to check your account, pay bills, and do much more. The iPhone and Android apps allow you to customise your menu with your favourite 10 transactions – a first for any mobile banking app in the country. HDFC Bank is also the only bank to offer MobileBanking App in Hindi for Android phones.
For customers who do not have easy access to the internet, there is a LITE version of the app. This works without an internet connection and does not take up much storage space on your phone. You can access over 125+ transactions with HDFC Bank MobileBanking through the browser. The mobile website allows you to check your account balance, pay credit card bills, as well as recharge your mobile and DTH connections too.
The bank offers other MobileBanking features such as SMS banking, mPassbook and an expense tracker. It has a MobileBanking Card exclusively for iPhone users, and you can recharge your phone simply with a missed call. With this app, you can Bank The Way You Live as it allows you to carry out everyday tasks like shopping, making bill payments and recharging your phone quickly and easily. So go ahead and manage all your banking needs in a safe and secure environment with HDFC Bank Mobile Banking.