HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha Travel Insurance
Globalization has opened wide range of avenues for students today.
All You Need To Know
Key HighlightsKey Highlights
- Travel insurance for Indian students planning to study abroad or already studying abroad
- Worldwide cover from 30 days to 2 years period
- Enjoy 24*7 HDFC ERGO’s international travel assistance support
- Manage your travel policy online to match your study duration, while abroad
- No health / medical check-up required
- Option to include covers like maternity, childcare benefits, cancer screening & mammography examinations and mental & nervous disorders
Click here to Download Brochure
Features & BenefitsFeatures & Benefits
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Reimburses the insured for medical expenses incurred for an accident or an unexpected sickness.
- Medical Evacuation: Pay the actual costs or the total sum insured, stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured back to the country of residence.
- Body Repatriation: Pay the actual costs or the total sum insured stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured corpse to the country of residence.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Reimburses the insured for emergency dental expenses incurred for an injury or acute pain.
- Loss of Passport: In the event that the passport belonging to the insured is lost, the insured is reimbursed the actual expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: If baggage, personal documents or personal effects are checked onto a common carrier, the insured is reimbursed the cost of replacement for any damaged or lost articles.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Provides an amount for emergency purchases on account of delay in baggage.
- Personal Liability: Pays a benefit for damages that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a lawsuit for property damage being brought against the insured person. Also pays a benefit for medical expenses that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a law suit for an accident caused by the insured person resulting in bodily injury to another person.
- Accidental Death: Pays the family of the insured compensation in the case of loss of life in an accident.
- Permanent Disablement: Pays compensation if the insured is permanently disabled in an accident.
- Bail Bond: Pays the bail amount for the insured on arrest or detention by police for a bail-able offence in the territory of travel.
- Study Interruption: Pays compensation in the event of interruption of study whilst abroad.
- Sponsor Protection: Pays tuition fees to the insured in the event of accidental death of insured’s sponsor.
- Compassionate Visit: Pays amount incurred to the insured in the event of compassionate Visit by one immediate family member.
- Psychological Coverage: Pays for treatment of mental and nervous disorders, including alcoholism and drug dependency.
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers: Pays for in-patient medical expenses related to pregnancy after a waiting period of 10 months.
- Screening and Examinations: Pays for cancer screening and mammographic examinations on recommendation from physician.
- Childcare Benefit: Pays for hospital cash benefits of childcare.
Click here to download to read the policy wording.
Eligibility CriteriaEligibility Criteria
- Age Limit – From 16 years to 35 years age
- Indian students traveling abroad to pursue higher studies
- The existing Indian students, who are studying abroad can also be covered
- Any Medical Expenses incurred when the specific purpose of a journey is to receive medical treatment or advice.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred, the need of which arises out of a Pre-existing Conditions.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred within the territorial limits that are not stated in the schedule.
- Exclusions Applicable to Bodily Injury or Sickness:
- Occasioned by Civil War or Foreign War.
- Caused or provoked intentionally by the Insured.
- Due to wilful or deliberate exposure to danger, (except in an attempt to save human life), intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempt threat, or arising out of non-adherence to medical advice.
- Sustained or suffered whilst the Insured is or as a result of the Insured being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or narcotics unless professionally administered by a Physician or unless professionally prescribed by and taken in accordance with the directions of a Physician.
- Due to a gradually operating cause.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any sport as a professional player.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any competition involving the utilisation of a motorised land, water or air vehicle.
- Whilst the Insured is travelling by air other than as a fare paying passenger on an aircraft registered to an Airline Company for the transport of paying passengers on regular and published Scheduled routes.
- Whilst or as a result of participating or committing or attempting to commit a breach of law with criminal intent.
- Caused by or arising from the conditions commonly known as Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or any related illness or condition including derivatives or variations thereof howsoever acquired or caused.
- Caused by or arising from or due to venereal or venereal related disease.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of engaging in, practising for or taking part in training peculiar to any kind of violent labour disturbance, riot or civil commotion or public disorder.
- Sustained whilst on service or on duty with or undergoing training with any military or police force, or militia or paramilitary organisation, notwithstanding that the Bodily Injury occurred whilst the Insured was on leave or not in uniform.
- For treatments for nervous or mental problems, whatever their classification, psychiatric or psychotic conditions, depression of any kind, or mental insanity.
- Any pathological fracture.
- For cures of any kind and all stay in long term care institutions (retirement homes, convalescence centres, centres of detoxification, etc.).
- For investigations, operations or treatment of a purely cosmetic nature; or for obesity; or undertaken to facilitate pregnancy or to cure impotence or to improve potency.
- For Bodily Injury sustained whilst or as a result of active participation in any hazardous sport such as parachuting, hang-gliding, parasailing, off-piste skiing or bungee jumping, skiing, jet skiing, paragliding, parachuting and racing of any type.
- For Bodily Injury sustained as the result of Terrorism.
- Nuclear Energy risks.
- Injury caused by surgery.
- **The coverage, terms & conditions and exclusions are only outlined briefly. For complete details, please refer to the policy wordings.
For Exhaustive list kindly refer the policy wording.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to the language of policy issued.
**These are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed list, kindly refer to the policy wordings.
Disclaimer: Please note that HDFC Bank is a corporate agent of HDFC ERGO. The Contract of insurance is between HDFC ERGO and the Insured only and HDFC Bank is not a party to the said contract. Participation by customer to buy insurance policy is purely voluntary. Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation. For more details on coverage, terms and conditions, please read the policy document carefully before conducting a sale. Certified Corporate Agent's License No. CA0010
Claim ProcessClaim Process
In the event of a covered hospitalisation and to register claims, you can contact our 24 hour HDFC Ergo Helpline Centre through any of the below contact points. Kindly mention Policy Holders’ Name, Policy Number, Insurance Company, Passport Number while seeking assistance.
Documents in addition to those mentioned above may be asked for, depending on the nature of accident and claim lodged. Please retain a copy of the documents sent for your records.
- International Toll free No - + 800 08250825 (When dialing from abroad),
- Landline - 91 - 120 - 4507250 (Cha rgeable),
- Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax: +91-120-6691600700
- Address: HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited 5th floor, Tower 1, Stellar IT Park, C-25, Sector-62, Noida, UP, India - 201301
To download the claim form, click here.
- Please note that HDFC Bank is a corporate agent of HDFC ERGO. The Contract of insurance is between HDFC ERGO and the Insured only and HDFC Bank is not a party to the said contract. Participation by customer to buy insurance policy is purely voluntary. Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation. For more details on coverage, terms and conditions, please read the policy document carefully before conducting a sale.
- Certified Corporate Agent's License No. CA00100