Check your Personal Loan eligibility in 1 minute
HDFC Bank personal loans can help meet all your financial needs effectively. With simplified documentation and speedy approvals, availing personal loans couldn't get easier. You can check your Personal Loan eligibility Online or visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- Highly competitive personal loan interest rates
- Special offers, interest rates and charges for HDFC Bank account holders
- Personal loan eligibility in 1 minute available online and across all branches
- Special personal loan offers* for women employees
- Walk in Loan: Walk in to the branch with your documents and get Personal Loan in a day!, at select branches.
- Convenience of contacting us through SMS, Webchat, Click2Talk, PhoneBanking and across all branches
"I am very delighted with
HDFC Bank Ltd Paper Less
Personal Loan. I got the funds with just a click of a button..."
- Simplified documentation
- Personal loan disbursal in 2 days*
- Competitive pricing
- Personal loans available for various needs
Personal Loan Eligibility Calculator
Are you eligible to apply for a personal loan? See our 1 minute Personal Loan Eligibility Calculator.
Personal Loan EMI Calculator
Use our Personal Loan EMI Calculator to find out how much EMI you will have to pay for your Personal Loan.
Status of Loan Application
Click here to view the status of your Personal Loan application.
Personal loans from HDFC Bank are quick, competitive and transparent. Whatever be your need, talk to us and we can customise a personal loan for you. Our seamless loan sanction and disbursal procedure ensures that availing a personal loan is a hassle-free experience. Unmatched additional benefits, quick documentation, ease of communication and doorstep service make HDFC Bank a leader in personal loans.
Why avail a Personal Loan from HDFC Bank?
HDFC Bank offer personal loans for all your requirements. Smart products, competitive offerings and peace of mind differentiate us. Enjoy triple benefits when you avail a personal loan from HDFC Bank:
- Quick personal loans-Experience express loan processing, easy documentation, quick disbursal and doorstep service
- Competitive pricing -Benefit from competitive loan rates and convenient repayment options
- Transparency -Zero hidden charges, reasonable processing fees and utmost clarity on the loan process with up-to-date information about the loan application at each stage
Features and Benefits of Personal Loans
Personal loans from HDFC Bank offer exclusive features and benefits:
- In principal Personal loan eligibility in just 1 minute - Online, as well as across all branches
- Personal loan Diva: A special loan proposition for women employees. Enjoy more than 100 free alliance offerings, across 100 locations in India
- Loan offerings for first time borrowers also
- Personal loans available on the basis of credit history (repayment of home loans, auto loans and credit cards)
- Receive a Personal Accidental Cover of up to 8 Lacs* along with a Critical Illness cover of 1 Lac*
- Convenience of reaching out through SMS, Webchat, Click2Talk and PhoneBanking
Personal Accident Cover
Pay a nominal premium* and secure the needs of your loved ones with a Personal Accident cover of up to Rs. 8Lacs and a Critical Illness cover of up to Rs. 1 Lac.
The premium for both these policies will be deducted from the loan amount at the time of disbursal. Prescribed service tax and applicable surcharge/cess will be charged extra.
Secure your Personal Loan with Sarv Suraksha Pro
Key benefits of the policy:
- Credit Shield cover equal to the outstanding loan amount
- Accidental Hospitalization cover of up to 8 Lacs*
- Accidental Death/Permanent Disablement cover of up to 1Lac*
- Critical illness is 1 Lac*
(* Terms and conditions of the insurers shall apply.The policy is offered by HDFC Ergo GIC Ltd.)
Personal Loan Balance Transfer Offers
Already have a personal loan? Reduce your EMIs by transferring your existing personal loan to us and avail special offers and exclusive benefits.
- Interest rate as low as 12.99%* on the existing loan transfer
- Flat processing fees of Rs. 999
Interested in personal loan balance transfer? Apply now
Personal Loan Diva for our women customers
HDFC Bank Personal Loan Diva is an exclusive offer for today's women, who are empowered, enlightened and enterprising - a woman like you. This tailor-made Personal Loan takes you closer to fulfilling your dreams by taking care of your financial requirements and also comes with a host of benefits through special privileges.
HDFC Bank Personal Loan Diva offers:
- Pre-approved Personal Loan of Rs 3 lac*
- More than 100 Diva offers across premium brands and products.
Click here for more information on Personal Loan Diva privilege offers
Personal Loan Eligibility and Documentation
Learn more about the eligibility criteria andthe documents required for availing a HDFC Bank personal loan.
The documentation for a HDFC Bank personal loan varies from individual to individual. The requirements are based on your profession, income and loan requirement.
Do you receive a regular salary?
This category includes salaried doctors, CAs, employees of private limited companies, employees from public sector undertakings including central, state and local bodies.
- Be 21-60 years of age.
- Have had a job for at least 2 years, and a minimum of 1 year with your current employer
- Be earning at least Rs. 12,000/- per month net income (Rs. 15,000/- in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Calcutta, Ahmedabad, cochin)
Documents to be submitted:
- Proof of identity: Copy of passport/voter ID card/driving license
- Proof of address: Copy of ration card/telephone or electricity bill/rental agreement/passport
- Last 3 months bank statement/6 months bank passbook
- Latest salary slip/ current dated salary certificate with the latest Form 16
Personal Loan Interest Rates & Charges
Enclosed below are HDFC Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates & Charges
|Fee||Amount to be Paid|
|Rack interest rate||Salaried - 15.75% to 20%
|Loan processing charges||Up to 2.50% of the loan amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 1,000/- & Maximum of Rs. 25000/- for Salaried Customers.
|Prepayment||Salaried - No pre-payment permitted until repayment of 12 EMIs
|Pre-payment charges||Salaried - 13-24 Months - 4% of Principal Outstanding,
25-36 Months - 2% of Principal Outstanding
>36 Months - NIL
|No Due Certificate/No Objection Certificate (NOC)||NIL|
|Duplicate of No Dues Certificate/NOC||NIL|
|Solvency Certificate||Not applicable|
|Charges for late payment of EMI||24% per annum on amount outstanding from date of default|
|Charges for changing from fixed to floating rateAn interest rate that is allowed to move up and down with the rest of the market or along with an index. of interest||Not applicable|
|Charges for changing from floating to fixed rateAn interest rate that will remain at a predetermined rate for the entire term of the loan. of interest||Not applicable|
|Stamp duty & other statutory charges||As per applicable laws of the state|
|Credit assessment charges||Not applicable|
|Non standard repayment charges||Not applicable|
|Cheque swapping charges||NIL|
|Loan re-booking charges/re-scheduling charges||NIL|
|Loan cancellation charges||NIL (However client would be charged interest for the interim period between date of loan disbursementDisbursement of loan means the delivery of the loan funds by the bank to the applicant of the loan. and loan cancellation and processing fees would be retained.)|
|Cheque bounce charges||Rs. 450/- per cheque bounce|
|Legal/incidental charges||At actual|
|CIBIL Report Copy Charges||Rs.50 per copy|
With Effect from 1st October 2014, Service tax needs to be paid on applicable Processing fees/Cheque Bounce Charges and Prepayment Charges . Service tax would be charged as per applicable rate specified by Government.
Loan at the sole discretion of HDFC Bank Ltd.
How can I change the mode of repayment/ account for my loan?
With reference to your request to change the mode of repayment/account for your loan, there are 3 modes of repayment for the loan account.
Kindly submit the Swap Form along with the required documents mentioned below pertaining to the new mode/account of repayment at the nearest Retail Loan Service Center.
You can repay in 3 ways:
1) Standing Instructions:
We offer the Standing Instructions (SI) facility whereby we can directly debit your HDFC Bank account for EMI amounts on due dates.
Please submit the following at your nearest Retail Loan Service Centre:
- Security cheques ***
- Swap application
- SI mandate duly filled and verified by HDFC Bank
2) Electronic Clearing Service (ECS):
We offer the ECSStands for Electronic Clearing Service. It is a mode by which funds are automatically debited to your account every month to pay or a certain bill or fee. It helps so you don’t have to remember every month to pay your regular bills. It is only done after a standing instruction is given by the account holder. facility whereby we can directly debit your non-HDFC Bank account for EMI amounts on due dates.
Please submit the following at your nearest Retail Loan Service Centre:
- Security cheques***
- Swap application
- ECS mandate duly filled and verified by HDFC Bank
***Security Cheques: You need to issue 1 security cheque for every 6 Equated Monthly Installments (EMI). The amount on each security post dated cheque should be equal to sum of 3 EMIs. For example, if 10 EMIs are to be paid of Rs. 1000 each, you need to submit 2 Security Cheques of Rs. 3000 each.
3) Post-dated Cheques (PDC):
You can also submit the revised post-dated cheques in favour of HDFC Bank Ltd. Loan Account Number for the balance EMIs.
How can I repay my Personal Loan?
You pay the loan in equal monthly instalments (EMIs). The loan will be paid through post-dated cheques. You can also pay through ECSStands for Electronic Clearing Service. It is a mode by which funds are automatically debited to your account every month to pay or a certain bill or fee. It helps so you don’t have to remember every month to pay your regular bills. It is only done after a standing instruction is given by the account holder. or a standing instruction to debit your HDFC Bank account with the EMI amount.
Try our EMI calculator to calculate how much you need to pay each month.
What are the charges I have to pay to change the mode of repayment/ account for my loan?
Are there any additional charges for loan repayment?
The additional charges (if any) are applicable in case you default or in case of SWAP (i.e. change the repayment mode). The charges are updated and can be viewed in the Fees & Charges section in the Bank’s website of each loan product.
What is Guarantor?
A GuarantorA guarantor is a person who guarantees payment by another. A guarantor becomes a co-endorser and assumes liability in event of default. is a person who guarantees to pay for someone else's debt if he or she should default on a loan obligation.