PhoneBanking offers you all the conveniences you need to access your Account , Loans, Demat & Investment Services from the comfort of your home, office or on the move, that too all in your preferred language. PhoneBanking services are a combination of IVR and Agent offering, depending on the type of transaction. For all transactions that cannot be completed on the IVR, PhoneBanker assited services are available
Call PhoneBanking and enjoy Banking convenience.
Access and operate your Bank account
- Check account balance & cheque status
- Order cheque books or account statements
- Stop cheque payments
- Get details of transactions on your account
- Report loss of ATM / Debit / Prepaid Cards (24 hr. service)
- Pay your bills
- Re-generate ATM / Debit Card PIN / NetBanking IPINIt is an Internet Password that the customer can choose to access NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account.
- Enquire about latest Interest / Exchange rates
- Request Demand Drafts / Manager's Cheques
- Learn about other products
- Open a Fixed deposit
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Update your Email Id
Information on Loans
- 1. Check details of outstanding loan amount
- 2. Enquire about overdrafts
- 3. Get details on swap or foreclosure procedures, etc.
- 4. Get details on EMIs and apply for EMI refunds
- 5. Request for a Welcome letter , Interest Certificate, Agreement copy or NOC
Resolve Demat and Loan Against Securities Queries
- 1. Resolve queries on account holdings, transaction details or opening an account
- 2. Status of de-materialization and re-materializarion of share certificates
- 3. Get ISINStands for International Securities Identification Number (ISIN). It is a unique 12-character alpha-numerical code for a security so you can trade in that security. Securities for which ISINs are issued include bonds, commercial paper, equities and warrants. number of a scrip / details of client master list
- 4. Resolve Loan Against Securities Account related queries
Do you want to know our PhoneBanking services in detail?
PhoneBanking offers you the advantage of various services. Here is a detailed description of all you can do with Phone Banking:
- Check your account balance: You can check up-to-the-second details of your Savings or Current Accounts and your Fixed Deposits. You can also check the last 5 transactions on your account. If you’d like, we can fax a mini-statement to you with the last 15 transactions on your account.
- Enquire about cheque status:Check the status of the cheques you have issued from your account or deposited into your account from anywhere in India.
- Order a Cheque Book / Account Statement: If you are running out of cheque leaves or if you want your account statement a new cheque book or your latest account statement can be sent to your mailing address.
- Stop Cheque Payment: : If you have lost a cheque you can stop the cheque payment. You can also stop payment of a series of cheques through PhoneBanking.
- Enquire about Loans: Get details of the outstanding loan amount, enquire about your loan account, request for an interest certificate and repayment schedule. Just call the PhoneBanking number in your city and select your preferred language and then dial option 4.
- Resolve Demat queries: With PhoneBanking you can get account holding details, transaction details, the ISINStands for International Securities Identification Number (ISIN). It is a unique 12-character alpha-numerical code for a security so you can trade in that security. Securities for which ISINs are issued include bonds, commercial paper, equities and warrants. number of a script, the status of a Depository Slip, Client Master list details, Charges for the account, etc. Call PhoneBanking in your city and resolve your queries, after selecting your preferred language and dialling 5.
- Open a Fixed deposit #: Just call our PhoneBanking service to open a Fixed Deposit and authorise a transfer of funds from your account.
- Transfer funds between accounts #: Tansfer money from one account to another over the phone. Make sure the accounts are linked to a single customer ID and you can transfer up to Rs. 1 lakh in a single day.
- Register and Pay your bills: Now you have an easy way to register and pay your mobile, telephone & electricity bills through PhoneBanking with our BillPay service.
- Re-generate ATM / Debit card PIN / NetBanking IPINIt is an Internet Password that the customer can choose to access NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account.: If you have forgotten your ATM or Debit Card PIN or your NetBanking IPINIt is an Internet Password that the customer can choose to access NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account., call PhoneBanking to re-generate your PIN / IPINIt is an Internet Password that the customer can choose to access NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account..
- Report loss of your ATM / Debit / Prepaid Card: Anyone can easily use your lost ATM, Debit or Prepaid Card. If you lose your card call our PhoneBanking service immediately to ensure your card is hot-listed or blocked instantly. This is a PhoneBanker assisted service and is available 24 hrs. on all days.
- Enquire about latest Interest /Exchange rates: Our PhoneBanking service will give you the latest interest rates on Deposits and Foreign Exchange rates.
- Request a Demand Draft / Manager's Cheque #**: We will send your Demand Drafts and Manager's Cheques right to your doorstep.
- Learn about all our other products: Any query or concern you have about HDFC Bank’s products or services can be resolved instantly by our PhoneBanking service.
- Resolve Loan Against Securities Account related queries : Get details of Account Position (Credit limit , Utilized amount, Overdrawn amount), Drawing Power,Rate of interest, Pledge details,Interest Amount on Utilization of Limit. Call PhoneBanking in your city, select your preferred language & dial 5 to speak to our PhoneBanking.
- Update your Email Id - You can call us to update your email id.
- Debit Card points redemption - Redeem your Debit Card points through PhoneBanking
#This facility is available only during PhoneBanking hours (i.e. when PhoneBankers are available).
** The delivery facility is available only in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore & Ahmedabad.
Want a list of the Phone Banking numbers?
We have changed our PhoneBanking numbers to make them easier to remember. You can call the PhoneBanking number in your city to report the loss of your ATM/Debit/ForexPlus/Prepaid Card at any time.
Click here find the Phone Banking number in your city
Please keep your Customer Identification Number & Telephone Identifcation Number (TIN) or Debit / ATM / Bearer Card number & associated PIN ready to access your account.
How to register for PhoneBanking?
Don’t have an HDFC Bank account yet?
You must not share any of your password with any person including the representative of the Bank. Password should be shared by you only to verify yourself on the Bank system.
Why can’t I make my bill payments through PhoneBanking?
You can if you have registered for BillPay. You can then pay your bills on PhoneBanking. If you have already registered and still can’t make your bill payments, call the PhoneBanking number in your city and you will be assisted.
How can I get my Customer ID if I have not received it with my Welcome letter?
If you haven’t received your Customer ID in your Welcome letter, just call the PhoneBanking number in your city and make a request for your Customer ID or please write to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address in the bank records.
How do I report my ATM/Debit / Prepaid Card lost after agent hours?
You just have to call the Phone Banking number. You can hot-list or block your ATM / Debit / Prepaid Card at any time. This facility is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Sometimes I can’t access IVR. Why does this happen?
There are various reasons why you can’t access IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.. The reasons could be:
- You dial and get an engaged tone. This could be because there is an issue at the exchange or all PhoneBanking lines are occupied. Just try again after a while and you will get through.
- You dial and get a ringing tone. Well, this could happen if one or more lines in the hunt group are dead. If you are not transferred to IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. after 3 rings, hang up and try again.
- You get through but are unable to go past the IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. welcome message. If you are calling from a pulse mode instrument this might happen. All you have to do is hang up and then punch the Star (*) button before you start dialling the PhoneBanking number. This will change it to tone dialling.
What are the options to verify myself on IVR?
You can either use your Customer Identification number and Telephone Identification Number (TIN) or your Debit Card number/ ATM Card number/ Bearer Card number and associated PIN to verify yourself on IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs..