Saving & Investment Plan
- HDFC SL ProGrowth Super II
- HDFC Life Progrowth Plus
- HDFC SL ProGrowth Maximiser
- HDFC Life ClassicAssure Plus
- HDFC Life Super Savings Plan
- HDFC SL Progrowth Flexi
- HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan
- HDFC Life Invest Wise Plan
- HDFC SL Crest
- HDFC Life Super Income Plan
- HDFC Life Sanchay
- HDFC Life Pension Super Plus
- HDFC Life Personal Pension Plus
- HDFC Life Guaranteed Pension Plan
- HDFC Life New Immediate Annuity Plan
- HDFC Life Single Premium Pension Super Plan
HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium
Secure your child's dreams and your self respect.
- A Unit Linked Insurance Product that secures your child's dream even when you are not around!
- Yearly payments to your family in case of your unfortunate demise
- Choose from two insurance cover options along with benefit payment preference.
- Option to choose the plan through Short Medical Questionnaire without the hassles of medicals*
* For more details, please refer the product brochure
- Create a customized plan depending on the level of protection your child needs.
- Select from a choice of 5 funds with different equity and debt exposures.
- Choose any amount as the 'Sum Assured' in multiples of 10 to 40 times of the annual premium
- Enjoy Tax benefits under sections 80C and 10(10D) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
Features and Benefits of HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium
Get maximum advantage of the HDFC YoungStar Super Premium with flexible premium payments, option to customize your plan according to your child's needs, varied choice of funds to save in and security of your child even after your death. Here are some of the features of the plan:
- Level of Protection: You have the flexibility to choose any amount as the “Sum Assured” in multiples its age dependent. Less than 45 years 10 x , Above 45 year 7 x annual premium. You can choose between life option and Life or Health option
- Regular Premiums: Minimum premium is Rs. 15,000 with no limits on maximum premiums. Premiums are to be paid annually only.
- Benefit Payment Preference: You can choose from plan options of 'Save Benefit' or 'Save-n-Gain Benefit'.
- Policy Term: The minimum policy term is 10 years and maximum is 20 years. The term period of 11 to 14 years is not available.
- Age Limit: The minimum age at entry for the Life Option is 18 years and maximum entry age is 65 years. Maximum age at maturity is 75 years. Please refer to the product brochure for term and age limits for other Plan Options.
Here are a few other features of the HDFC SL Youngstar Super Premium:
- Save Benefit: In case of your unfortunate demise or critical illness, this plan will pay the Sum Assured to your child (Beneficiary). Your family need not pay any further premiums. With Save benefit option of HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium, 100% of all the original regular premiums towards your policy will be paid. Any Death Benefit or Critical Illness cover will terminate immediately. On maturity, the beneficiary of the plan will receive the Fund Value.
- Flexibility for customization of the plan: You can determine the level of protection you need and choose the sum assured accordingly. Investment funds can be chosen as per your risk and return appetite.
- No Medical tests required: You may not be required to go for elaborate medical tests. Filling a short Medical Questionnaire may suffice. Please refer to the product brochure or contact your Relationship Manager for further details.
- Choice of funds: Select from a choice of 4 funds with different equity and debt exposures.
Do you want to change your Investment Fund Choices at any point? Here are your options.
- Switching: You can move your accumulated funds from one fund to another at any given time.
- Premium Redirection: You can pay your future premiums with a different selection of funds, as per your requirement.
What are the tax benefits of the HDFC SL Youngstar Super Premium?
Here are the tax benefits offered under this plan:
- Tax benefits are offered under section 80C and 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the Product Brochure carefully and/or consult Relationship Manager before taking a decision.
Commission for Life Insurance
As per RBI circular: RBI/2009-10/225 dated November 16, 2009, following are the details of the comparative commission earned by HDFC Bank from Insurance (Life), whose products are being distributed:
Commission, Brokerage and trail from Life Insurance
|Category||First Year Commission||2nd year Renewal commission|
|Savings & Investment||0%||35%||0%||3%|
Note: The commission varies depending upon the Product in each category, tenure, amount of premium and premium paying term
*For Group Products commission payable is 2% of the premium with a ceiling on the maximum payout as defined by Insurance Regulatory And Development Authority (IRDA) from time to time.
HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited, Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011 : - The policy holder may avail of benefits are as provided under the tax laws. The premium would be subject to Service tax & education cess as per applicable tax rates. Tax laws are subject to change basis the amendments made from time to time.
HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited. In Partnership with Standard Life
Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions and exclusions please read the product brochure before conclusion of sale. HDFC SL Youngstar Super Premium form no.P 501 UIN 101L068V02 is a unit Linked insurance product offered by HDFC Life. This is a non participating united linked Plan. The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/her decisions. In this policy the investment risk in investment portfolio is borne by the policyholder. All Unit Linked Insurance Plans are different from the traditional insurance plans and are subject to different risk factors. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited is the name of our Insurance company and HDFC SL Youngstar Super Premium UIN 101L068V02 is the name of the plan. The name of our company and the name of our plan do not, in anyway, indicate the quality of the plan, its future prospects or returns. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co.Ltd. Reg.No.101
HDFC Bank Limited ( " HDFC Bank") is a corporate insurance agent of HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited( " HDFC Life") under Corporate Agent's license no.933982 issued by Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority and does not underwrite the risk or acts as an insurer. The insurance is underwritten by HDFC Life. This policy is issued to you by HDFC Life and is subject to the terms and conditions governing such policy. The contract of insurance is between HDFC Life and the insured only , and not between HDFC Bank and the insured .HDFC Bank is acting merely as the corporate agent of HDFC Life and there is no direct or indirect linkage between the provisions of the banking services offered by HDFC Bank. Your participation in this product is purely on a voluntary basis. HDFC Bank is not responsible or liable for performance of any obligations under the contract of insurance
Already have HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium?
Get started with your HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium
- A Welcome Letter: A letter confirming the approval of your HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium policy from HDFC Life
- A Welcome SMS: An SMS welcoming you as an HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium customer.
- A Policy Document: A letter from HDFC Bank and HDFC Life covering the keys features of the policy.
Once you have purchased an HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium policy, you will receive a Login ID and password so you can view your policy details.
Renew your HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium ?
You just need to register once under BillPay.
Click here to renew your HDFC SL YoungStar Super Premium policy.
Did you know?
- You can give a Standing Instruction / ECSStands for Electronic Clearing Service. It is a mode by which funds are automatically debited to your account every month to pay or a certain bill or fee. It helps so you don’t have to remember every month to pay your regular bills. It is only done after a standing instruction is given by the account holder. to renew your premium payment.
- You should consider the high and rising costs of education when deciding on your sum assured.
- You should take into consideration the rising rate of inflation when deciding on your sum assured.
You can also benefit from:
- A Protection Plan that enables you to secure your family's financial independence.
- A Savings & Investment Plan that gives you the dual benefit of protection and long term savings.
- A Retirement Plan that gives you financial independence to live without compromising your standard of living even after you retire.
- A Health Plan that gives you the financial security to meet health related contingencies.
Are Children’s Plans different from Regular Life Insurance Plans?
Insurance should always cater to specific needs. No one plan can ideally satisfy all your needs at various stages of your life. For instance, a Term Assurance Plan is bought with the objective of income replacement or to provide cover for your home loan liability in case of any unfortunate event. Likewise, a Children’s Plan helps you secure your child’s future financial needs when the need arises at a certain age, neither earlier nor later.
A regular Life Insurance Plan pays the nominee a certain sum of money in case of the unfortunate demise of the Life Assured. Family circumstances and young age of the child might not make for the most perfect situation for the receipt of such a large sum of money. There is every possibility of the money being spent immediately or elsewhere, on more urgent requirements, which would leave the child vulnerable later in life.
Does HDFC SL offer Unit Linked plans within its entire range of Children’s Plans?
Yes, the plan name is HDFC Young star super premium plan.
What are the factors to consider while buying a Children’s Plan?
Consider the inflated costs of a normal educational course or any other requirements that your child might have in the future. This should be your targeted savings amount, which you would want to receive when the policy matures. Ideally, the term you should choose for the plan is when your child is in a position to require the money. Thereafter, you need to sit with your Relationship Manager to work out the amount to be invested and the level of protection required.
Will I also be able to save tax through a Children’s Plan?
Yes, you will be eligible for tax benefits under Section 80C and Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, subject to the provisions contained therein (tax benefits are subject to change in the tax laws. Please refer to the Tax Benefits section for more details).
Should I buy a plan in my Child’s name or in my own name?
When purchasing a Life Insurance plan, it is important to remember that its main purpose is to replace an income that is lost in case of the unfortunate demise of the chief bread winner of the family (Life Assured). A child rarely has an income and therefore has no reason to be insured. If the Insurance Plan is taken in name of the child, the plan gets derailed in case of the unfortunate demise of the parent. Thus, the very objective of any Children’s Plan is undermined if the plan is acquired in the child’s name.
Therefore, as far as possible, make sure that you, as a parent, are the Life Assured and the nominee or the beneficiary is your child.