What are the features and benefits of ‘Preferred Banking’?
- Dedicated Relationship Manager
At HDFC bank it is our endeavour to nurture a truly personal relationship with you. After all, if you don’t deserve undivided attention, who does? We offer you your very own Relationship Manager who is experienced and professionally trained, and will cater to all your banking and financial services needs. So, whether you want expert advice on mutual funds or a demand draft issued, you can trust your Relationship Manager to get the job done.
- Customised Investment Solutions
Comprehensive Investment solutions include tax efficient investment avenues, buying and selling of shares, convenient tax payment options; all under one roof. You can also benefit from our extensive research across Equities, Derivatives, Debt and Mutual Funds, in addition to the expertise of a dedicated advisor to take care of your financial needs. Keeping your risk profile in mind we will customise an investment strategy for you, restructure your portfolio and allocate your assets optimally in order to realise your long term investment goals.
HDFC Bank offers a gateway for e-Broking, via HDFC Securities Trading account, to facilitate easy T+2 settlements at a special price. Enjoy the convenience and flexibility of buying and selling shares over the phone or the Internet.
- Expedite Tax Payments
Step into the nearest authorised branch and pay your taxes through HDFC Bank cheques and collect your challan immediately over the counter.
- Relationship Pricing
Get preferential pricing* across a wide range of financial products like Credit Card, Loans, Demat accounts, HDFC Securities Trading accounts, Forex, Gold Bars etc. Just ask your Relationship Manager for further details.
- Business Solutions
Along with your family's banking needs, we also cater to the financial needs of your business with Business Loans like Working Capital Overdrafts, Trade Finance, Commercial Vehicle Loans, Loan Against Property or Forex Services.
- As a Preferred customer you also receive:
- On-demand exclusive privileges including -
- No charges on NEFTThis stands for National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). It is a system that facilitates an individual or company to electronically transfer funds from any bank branch to any individual or company having an account with any other bank branch in the country. & RTGSIt stands for Real Time Gross Settlement. It means that funds transfers happen immediately, in real time. Instructions are processed at the time they are received rather than later. 'Gross Settlement' means the settlement of funds transfers occur on an instruction by instruction basis. This is considering that the funds settlement take place in the books of the Reserve Bank of India, the payments are final and irrevocable. transactions through Netbanking.
- Free alerts on your mobile phone or in your mailbox by registering for our InstaAlert facility.
- Free registration for e-Age Banking - Avail of MobileBanking, NetBanking, or PhoneBanking.
- Waiver of AQBAverage Quarterly Balance (AQB) is the average balance to be maintained in the account over a period of a quarter. non-maintenance charges.
- Free Preferred EasyShop Platinum Debit card with limit of Rs. 1,00,000 at ATMs and Rs. 1,25,000 at merchant establishments per day .
- No charges for balance enquiries and cash withdrawals if you transact on non HDFC Bank ATMs (VISA/ MasterCard / Euronet/ SBI/ Andhra Bank) in India.
- An HDFC Bank Credit Card which offers you exclusive and preferential benefits!*
- Free "At Par" cheque book payable at any HDFC Bank branch across the country, so you do away with the need to ask for demand drafts.
- Locker facility at just 50% of the annual fee. (Subject to availability)
- Demat Folio Maintenance Charges waived off for the first year. Differential Transaction Based Folio Maintenance charges from second year onwards.
- Preferential Forex rates.*
- Combined monthly statement for your Savings, Current and Fixed Deposit accounts for which you are the principal holder. This facility is also available for email statements.
- Free Standing Instructions facility.
- Cheque pick-up facility.
- BillPay to pay all your utility bills and LIC premiums through PhoneBanking and NetBanking.
- Annual Service Charge Waiver
You are entitled to a waiver of up to Rs. 2,000* per annum on a host of service charges:
- Demand Draft / Manager's Cheque charges
- Inter-branch funds transfer charges
- Stop Payment charges
- Cheque return / collection charges
- DD cancellation charges
- Hold Mail charges
- Duplicate statement charges
- Certificate of balance charges
- FIRC charges
- Recovery of old records charges
- On-demand exclusive privileges including -
*Terms and Conditions apply
Note: The aforesaid features, benefits and privileges are applicable only till the time the customer is a part of the Preferred programme.
What are the eligibility criteria to become a ‘Preferred Banking’ customer?
You are eligible for the HDFC Bank Preferred Programme ** if you:
- Hold at least one Savings or Current account, sole or joint, with HDFC Bank.
- Maintain a minimum Average Monthly balance of Rs. 15 Lakhs across all your accounts (Savings, Current and Fixed Deposits*)
- Maintain an Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 2 Lakhs in your Savings account.
- Maintain an Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 5 Lakhs in your Current account.
- The requisite balance can be maintained over your accounts and over those of your immediate family members.
* The tenor of the Fixed Deposits should be at least six months.
**Entry into the Preferred Programme is at the sole discretion of the Bank.
# HDFC Bank can at its sole discretion, amend any of the services/facilities given in the account either wholly or partially at any time by giving at least 30 days of notice and/or provide an option to switch to other services/facilities.
What are the documents required to open a Savings Account?
To open a Savings Account you have to:
- Submit your identity proof and address proof along with your latest passport size photographs
- Submit self-attested copies and originals for verification
To view the list of acceptable identity and address proof documents, click here.
What is the rate of interest I will earn on the balance in my Savings Account?
Interest on a Savings Account is paid at 4.00% p.a. on a daily end of day balance, w.e.f. May 3, 2011.
What is the frequency of interest pay-out?
Interest earned on your Savings Account balance shall be credited to your account on a half-yearly basis in the months ends of September and March.
How can I change / update the residential address for my account?
We request you to follow the steps mentioned below to update /change your address.
Option A) Personal Visit at the Branch by the Account holder/s.
- Step 1) Fill the application form available at the Branch.
- Step 2) Sign the application form.
- Step 3) Submit documentary proof (carry the original for verification) of your new address. Click to view the Valid Address Proof. However, if you have held an account for more than 6 months and you are not able to submit any of the acceptable documents to establish proof of address, then you need to compulsorily submit any one of the following identification documents:
- Valid Passport
- PAN Card
Option B) Request other than Personal Visit at the Branch
- Step 1) Download the address change application form.
- Step 2) Fill the application form duly signed by the holder.
- Step 3) Attach address proof of your new address. (Self attested by the holder)
- Step 4) Send the documents mentioned above by courier, post or bearer to the Branch. Note / Important:
- For Joint accounts, all the account holders / applicants need to mention their “Customer Identification Numbers” and put their signatures in the address change form.
- Requests received through Phone Banking, Net Banking, email and scanned or faxed copy will not be processed.
- Your mailing address will be updated within 7 working days after receipt of complete documentation.
- The change in address will be confirmed through mailers sent to your old address.
- You may confirm the change in address by logging on to NetBanking through "My Contact Details".
For any other queries regarding the above or to know the status of an existing application, please call up PhoneBanking, or write to us with the details mentioned below.
- HDFC Bank Branch where your request was submitted
- Date when your request was submitted
- Your complete new address and PIN code
How can I transfer my Savings Account from one branch to another?
We request you to follow the procedure mentioned below to transfer your account from your existing Branch to any other HDFC Bank Branch.
- Step 1) Visit a Branch: All holders (preferably the Branch where you wish to transfer your account)
- Step 2) Fill the account transfer form (available at the branch): To be signed by all the applicants
- Step 3) Surrender unused Cheques (if any) of your existing account
- Step 4) Submit proof of address (carry the original for verification)
After the receipt of the Transfer Form and supporting documents, your existing account will be closed and a new account (with new account number) will be opened within 7 working days.
Note / Important:
- Instructions received through FAX / Phone / NetBanking are not accepted
- You can continue to access NetBanking / PhoneBanking through your new account with your existing /old password
- Your existing ATM / Debit Card will be linked to your new account
- A cheque book for your new account will be sent to your new mailing address (if changed) within 7 working days
- If you are availing facilities like Auto Debit, Mutual Funds SIP, Credit Card, ECSStands for Electronic Clearing Service. It is a mode by which funds are automatically debited to your account every month to pay or a certain bill or fee. It helps so you don’t have to remember every month to pay your regular bills. It is only done after a standing instruction is given by the account holder., Loans, Demat, Online Securities Trading, etc., and in case they are linked to your existing account, we request you to contact the respective authorities / service providers to link these facilities to your new account.