What are the features and benefits of 'Preferred Banking'?
- Dedicated Relationship Manager
At HDFC bank it is our endeavour to nurture a truly personal relationship with you. Your Relationship Manager will cater to all your banking and financial services needs. So, whether you want expert advice on mutual funds or a demand draft issued, you can trust your Relationship Manager to get the job done.
- Comprehensive Business banking Solutions
Along with your family's banking needs, we also cater to the financial needs of your business with Business Loans like Working Capital Overdrafts, Trade Finance, Commercial Vehicle Loans, Loan Against Property or Forex Services.
- Relationship Pricing on a variety of products
- Get preferential pricing across a wide range of financial products, such as Loans, Preferential Forex rates, Demat / HSL transaction cost and Locker*.
- Waiver on charges of a host of services.
- No charges of Balance enquiries and cash withdrawals if you transact on non HDFC Bank ATMs in India and abroad.
- Exclusive Lifestyle Privileges
- Premium Credit Cards from HDFC Bank
We offer you a range of premium credit cards to choose from. Our premium credit cards give exclusive benefits, accelerated reward points, multiple payment channels, fuel surcharge waivers and much more.
- Preferred EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
Free Preferred EasyShop Platinum Debit card with a limit of Rs. 1,00,000 at ATMs and Rs. 2,75,000 at merchant establishments per day.
- Get product offers and investment insights with the monthly e-newsletter exclusively for Preferred Customers.
- Premium Credit Cards from HDFC Bank
- Customized Investment Solutions
Comprehensive Investment solutions include tax efficient investment avenues, buying and selling of shares, convenient tax payment options; all under one roof. You can also benefit from our extensive research across Equities, Derivatives, Debt and Mutual Funds, in addition to the expertise of a dedicated Relationship Manager to take care of your financial needs.
- Banking Convenience
*Terms and Conditions apply. The aforesaid features, benefits and privileges are applicable only till the time the customer is a part of the Preferred programme.
What are the eligibility criteria to become a 'Preferred Banking' customer?
You are eligible for the HDFC Bank Preferred Programme ** if you:
- Hold at least one Savings or Current account, sole or joint, with HDFC Bank.
- Maintain a minimum Average Monthly balance of Rs. 15 Lakhs across all your accounts (Savings, Current and Fixed Deposits*)
- Maintain an Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 2 Lakhs in your Savings account.
- Maintain an Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 5 Lakhs in your Current account.
The requisite balance can be maintained over your accounts and over those of your immediate family members.
* The tenor of the Fixed Deposits should be at least six months.
**Entry into the Preferred Programme is at the sole discretion of the Bank.
# HDFC Bank can at its sole discretion, amend any of the services/facilities given in the account either wholly or partially at any time by giving at least 30 days of notice and/or provide an option to switch to other services/facilities.
What are the fees and charges for Preferred Customers?
|Product||Benefits to Preferred Customers|
|Debit Card||Free Preferred Platinum ChipThis is a small microchip embedded in your card. It is encrypted so transactions with your chip Debit Card are more secure. Debit Card with the following benefits:
(a) 1% CashBack* on shopping
(b) Fuel Surcharge Reversal* across all Fuel Stations.
(c) Personal Accidental Death Insurance* of Upto Rs. 10 Lacs
(d) Shopping limit of Rs. 2.75 Lacs & Cash withdrawal limit of Rs.1 Lac per day at HDFC Bank ATMs
(e) ChipThis is a small microchip embedded in your card. It is encrypted so transactions with your chip Debit Card are more secure. Technology
(f) Convenience of modifying International Debit Card limits through NetBanking & PhoneBanking.
|Credit Card||Offer till 31st Dec'14. Eligible customers can avail below card variant as Life Time Free
· Diners Rewardz
· Platinum Edge
· Diners Premium
· Eligible customers can avail below card variant as First Year Free
· JetPrivilege Titanium
· JetPrivilege Platinum
· JetPrivilege World
· Times Titanium
· Time Platinum
|Locker||For Preferred customers one locker per Group is allotted at 50% discount|
|Forex||8 paise better rates on card rates. Further, there is 40% waiver on issuance fee for Multicurrency card|
|At Par Chequebook||Free by default|
|Service charges (Non maintenance
of AQBAverage Quarterly Balance (AQB) is the average balance to be maintained in the account over a period of a quarter. charges)
|Waived as long as the customer is part of Preferred programe|
|DD/MC charges||Free DD/ MCs upto Rs.1 lac per day per customer ID|
|Transactions on Domestic ATM||No charges for usage of HDFC Bank as well as Non HDFC Bank ATMs|
|Self Cash deposit / Withdrawal at
non home branches
|No limit for SB a/c's.|
|3rd Party Cash Transactions (Home & Non Home)||Free 5 Transactions per month, above that Rs 100 per transaction as per SB Max charge structure|
|Free e-age banking||Preferred customers can enjoy the convenience of anytime, anywhere banking via free
NetBanking, MobileBanking and PhoneBanking
|Demat & HSL||Demat is free for the First year. The Demat A/c will be free in the second year provided
there’s atleast one transaction in the first year else will be charged at Rs. 300/- and HSL
is at a discounted a/c opening price of Rs.499 ( Under scheme type E ) which is a one time fee and the HSL A/c will be a lifetime free account. Additional Activation benefit is Rs. 2 lac of delivery volume free ( valid for 90 days from the account opening date )
|Cheque pick-up facility||Free|
|RTGS facility||For current account its free on Net and Branch, for Savings its free on Net|
|NEFT facility||Will be free on net but chargeable from branch ( Effective 1st Jan 2015)|
|Service Charge waivers for following transactions||Upto Rs.2000* waiver on select charges. Facility of flexi-waiver to waive higher amounts with approval, depending on group profitability|
|* In addition to the above mentioned Price offs/Discounts, Preferred customers will be entitled to a waiver of up to Rs. 2,000/- annually on service charges that the Bank recovers on a whole host of services.
1. DD/MC Charges
2. Interbranch Funds transfer Charges
3. Stop Payment Charges
4. Cheque Return Charges
5. Cheque Collection Charges
6. DD Cancellation Charges
7. Hold Mail Charges
8. Duplicate Statement
9. Certificate of Balance
11. Recovery of old records
|For Preferred Current Account customers, AQBAverage Quarterly Balance (AQB) is the average balance to be maintained in the account over a period of a quarter. Charges, Demand Draft** and Pay-Order** charges are waived off. For Regular, Premium, Trade and Plus Current Account Variants, free cash deposit limit is as per respective variant or 8 times Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of previous month, incremental amount above the free limit will be charged as per respective product variant charges.
For all other Current Account charges please refer 'Service Charges and Fees' Section for Current Account.
(**Payable at HDFC Bank branch locations) (Respective product charges will apply, for items not in above list) (# Effective 1st Dec'2014) *Conditions apply
What are the documents required to open a Savings Account?
To open a Savings Account you have to:
- Submit your identity proof and address proof along with your latest passport size photographs
- Submit self-attested copies and originals for verification
To view the list of acceptable identity and address proof documents, click here.
What is the rate of interest I will earn on the balance in my Savings Account?
Interest on a Savings Account is paid at 4.00% p.a. on a daily end of day balance, w.e.f. May 3, 2011.
What is the frequency of interest pay-out?
Interest earned on your Savings Account balance shall be credited to your account on a half-yearly basis in the months ends of September and March.
How can I change / update the residential address for my account?
We request you to follow the steps mentioned below to update /change your address.
Option A) Personal Visit at the Branch by the Account holder/s.
- Step 1) Fill the application form available at the Branch.
- Step 2) Sign the application form.
- Step 3) Submit documentary proof (carry the original for verification) of your new address. Click to view the Valid Address Proof. However, if you have held an account for more than 6 months and you are not able to submit any of the acceptable documents to establish proof of address, then you need to compulsorily submit any one of the following identification documents:
- Valid Passport
- PAN Card
Option B) Request other than Personal Visit at the Branch
- Step 1) Download the address change application form.
- Step 2) Fill the application form duly signed by the holder.
- Step 3) Attach address proof of your new address. (Self attested by the holder)
- Step 4) Send the documents mentioned above by courier, post or bearer to the Branch. Note / Important:
- For Joint accounts, all the account holders / applicants need to mention their “Customer Identification Numbers” and put their signatures in the address change form.
- Requests received through Phone Banking, Net Banking, email and scanned or faxed copy will not be processed.
- Your mailing address will be updated within 7 working days after receipt of complete documentation.
- The change in address will be confirmed through mailers sent to your old address.
- You may confirm the change in address by logging on to NetBanking through "My Contact Details".
For any other queries regarding the above or to know the status of an existing application, please call up PhoneBanking, or write to us with the details mentioned below.
- HDFC Bank Branch where your request was submitted
- Date when your request was submitted
- Your complete new address and PIN code
How can I transfer my Savings Account from one branch to another?
We request you to follow the procedure mentioned below to transfer your account from your existing Branch to any other HDFC Bank Branch.
- Step 1) Visit a Branch: All holders (preferably the Branch where you wish to transfer your account)
- Step 2) Fill the account transfer form (available at the branch): To be signed by all the applicants
- Step 3) Surrender unused Cheques (if any) of your existing account
- Step 4) Submit proof of address (carry the original for verification)
After the receipt of the Transfer Form and supporting documents, transferred to the desired location.
Note / Important:
- Instructions received through FAX / Phone / NetBanking are not accepted
- You can continue to access NetBanking / PhoneBanking through your new account with your existing /old password
- Your existing ATM / Debit Card will be linked to your new account
- A cheque book for your new account will be sent to your new mailing address (if changed) within 7 working days
- If you are availing facilities like Auto Debit, Mutual Funds SIP, Credit Card, ECSStands for Electronic Clearing Service. It is a mode by which funds are automatically debited to your account every month to pay or a certain bill or fee. It helps so you don’t have to remember every month to pay your regular bills. It is only done after a standing instruction is given by the account holder., Loans, Demat, Online Securities Trading, etc., and in case they are linked to your existing account, we request you to contact the respective authorities / service providers to link these facilities to your new account.