With SMSBanking you can access your account on your mobile wherever you are. Access your bank account, make banking transactions, monitor your accounts and fixed deposits on your mobile.
SMSBanking, a great way to have your bank account at your fingertips!
What features does SMSBanking have?
Take a look at the features of SMSBanking:
- View balance details
- Get last 3 transaction details
- Request for cheque book
- Stop cheque payment
- Enquire cheque status
- Request for account statement
- Get Fixed Deposit details
- Request for IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. generation
Click here to view a demo on SMSBanking
SMS to be sent
Type the specific keyword for the transaction and send it to to 5676712
- "bal" for Balance Enquiry
- "txn" for Mini Statement
- "cst <6 digit cheque no.>" for Cheque Status Enquiry
How does SMSBanking work?
SMSBanking is very simple. You can perform a host of functions including accessing your account balance, mini-statement and account statement, etc.
Just keep in mind that you have to type in certain keywords and send an SMS to 5676712. You will receive a response in the form of a text message within just a few seconds.
Here is a list of the SMSes you need to send for the various functions of SMSBanking:
SMS Transaction Information received bal Balance Enquiry Get the available balance in the accounts (up to 5) linked to your Customer ID. Your first five accounts according to chronological order will be considered. txn Mini Statement This will give the last three debits / credits made to your account. cst <6 digit cheque no.> Cheque Status Enquiry Status of a cheque issued by you, whether paid / stopped. chq Cheque Book Request cheque book is mailed to you. stp <6 digit cheque no.> Stop Cheque Stops an issued cheque from being paid. stm Request for an Account Statement Your account statement will be mailed to you (Period of the statement would be from the last statement received till the date of sending sms) bil Bill Details Your electricity and telephone bill details will be sent to you via SMS fdq Fixed Deposit Enquiry The details of current fixed deposit with the bank (max. 5 accounts). You will see your account no., principal amount, rate of interest, maturity date and maturity amount. new <14 digit account no.> Change of Primary Account The option to change your primary account and carry out transactions on the new account. ipin Internet Banking password (IPIN) regeneration Get a confirmed receipt of your IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. regeneration request. The IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. is sent to your mailing address. help List of keywords Gives the list of Keywords and their Functions.
Don’t have an HDFC Bank account yet?
How to register for SMSBanking?
Register for SMSBanking online in 3 simple steps using NetBanking:
- Login using your Cust ID and IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account.
- Click on SMSBanking Registration
- Fill in the required details
Register for SMSBanking in 3 simple steps using ATM:
- Enter your ATM PIN
- Go to More Options Tab on the Home Page
- Register for MobileBanking
Just download the SMSBanking application form, fill it, sign it and drop it off at the nearest HDFC Bank Branch
Does SMSBanking cost anything?
It is absolutely FREE. Also, since you are sending SMSes, you do not incur any airtime charges. You might, however, be charged a nominal Value Added Services (VAS) fee for the SMS
Can I stop a series of cheques?
Currently you can only stop the payment of one cheque at a time
Is there a PIN number to access SMSBanking?
There is no PIN number to access SMSBanking. However, you can access information of your own account only from your mobile phone.
What if I lose my mobile phone, how do I report this?
If you have registered for SMSBanking on a particular mobile phone and you lose it you should inform your nearest HDFC Bank branch. Once you have done this the SMSBanking facility will be de-activated on your lost mobile.
What are the eligibility criteria for SMSBanking?
The eligibility criteria are:
- You need to have a mobile phone connection
- You need to have a Savings, Current or Fixed Deposit Account with HDFC Bank
What transactions can I make using SMSBanking?
You can make the following transactions using SMSBanking:
- Balance Inquiry of all accounts linked to your Customer Identification Number (maximum up to five accounts)
- Check the last 3 SMSBanking transactions in your primary account
- Stop the payment of a cheque
- Request for a cheque book
- Request for an account statement
- Enquire about the status of a cheque
- Bill Presentment
- Enquire about a Fixed Deposit
- View a help menu that gives you transaction codes for various transactions
- Request for IPIN registration (Only for customers who have registered for NetBanking)
What is SMSBanking?
SMSBanking is a service that allows you to perform banking transactions on your mobile phone via SMS.
What if I change my mobile number?
If you change your mobile number then you will have to de-register your old mobile number and send a SMSBanking registration request for your new number. You can submit your de-registration and registration requests to your nearest bank branch. Alternately, you can use the 'SMSBanking Registrations' option under NetBanking to register your new mobile number.
How is this different from making a call on my mobile phone or using PhoneBanking?
The differences between making a call on your mobile phone and sending a text message are:
- You don't have to dial any number, you just send a text message i.e. a coded message to 5676712
- HDFC does not charge anything for this service and you don’t have to pay for airtime. However, your Service Provider might charge you a nominal fee to send an SMS.
- The advantage of SMSBanking is that you can actually see your banking transactions as opposed to hearing a message through the phone. So even if you miss something, it doesn't matter.
How long does it take to complete the SMSBanking registration process?
If you fill in the application form to register for SMSBanking, it will take 4 working days to complete the registration process from the time you submit your application form.
Who intimates me once my SMSBanking registration process is complete?
You will receive an SMS from the bank on the mobile number given for your SMSBanking registration, after the registration is complete.
Can I avail of this service from outside my city of registration or outside my telecom circle?
If you have national or international roaming activated on your mobile, you can perform SMSBanking activities from anywhere in India or abroad
How do I avail of this service?
There are three ways to make use of SMSBanking:
- If you already have an account with the bank and if you are registered for NetBanking, then you can register online using the SMSBanking Registration' option available in NetBanking.
- You can visit the Nearest ATM to register for MobileBanking. Goto More options and Click on MobileBanking Registration.
- When opening an account with the bank, you can apply for SMSBanking on the account opening document, the option is SMSBanking Registration.
or If you already have an account with the bank, you can apply for SMSBanking through the combined Direct Banking Channels form. You can download the form and call for a sales representative. Alternatively you can fill this form and hand it over to your nearest branch.