Comprehensive coverage for you and your family with 4000+ network hospitals
- It provides comprehensive coverage across aspects like hospitalisation costs, check-ups, treatments and tests for you & your family.
- It provides accesss to Cashless Claims Service across India at 4000+ network hospitals
- There is No Sub-limits on any disease, room rent, hospital charges and doctor fees.* (*Except for Ayurvedic / Homeopathic Benefit)
- It pays for expenses incurred for medical treatment taken at home, on the advice of a physician
- You can buy policy online & get Instant policy issuance
- No medical check-up required upto 45 years of age
- You can avail tax benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- You get Cumulative Bonus for each claim free year
What are the Features and Benefits of Health Suraksha?
Don't let healthcare and medical bills burn a hole in your savings and disturb your financial planning, you can opt for the HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy – a health insurance plan with multiple benefits. Here are some of the features of the policy:
You will get some exclusive features and benefits with your HDFC Bank Health Suraksha
- Wide coverage: You can choose an individual Health Suraksha scheme or a Family Floater health insurance policy according to your requirements. The coverage is optimal and comes at an affordable price.
- Time Period: You can opt for a HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy that runs for a time period of one or two years.
- Bonus: If your policy is claim-free you are entitled to a cumulative bonus.
- Included Health check up: HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha will provide for at the cost of a health check up if you have completed 4 years without making a claim.
- Service Points: You can make cashless claims across more than 4000+ network hospitals around the world.
- Tax Benefits: You can avail of the Income Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Quick processing: Once you decide to purchase the HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha, the turnaround time of delivering your policy will be quick. Even the claims procedure is very straightforward.
Click here to download the brochure.
What coverage does HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy offer?
Here are the details regarding the coverage that the Health Suraksha policy offers:
Health Suraksha - Individual & Family Floater Sum Insured
|Basic Sum Insured per Insured Person per Policy Year||
|Section 1: Benefits below will subject to Basic Sum Insured and any claim under them will affect entitlement to Renewal Incentive|
|1.1 In-patient Treatment||Covered|
|1.4 Day Care Procedures||Covered|
|1.5 Domiciliary Treatment||Covered|
|Section 2: Additional Benefits, will subject to Basic Sum Insured and any claim under them will affect entitlement to Renewal Incentive|
|2.1 Organ Donor||Covered|
|2.2 Emergency Ambulance
Limit per hospitalization
|2.3 Ayurvedic / Homeopathic||
|Section 6: Renewal Incentive|
|6.1 Cumulative Bonus||5% of Sum Insured; Maximum 50% [Reduced by 10% in the event of claim]|
|6.2 Health checkup||Upto 1% of Sum Insured; Max Rs. 5000|
Click here to read the policy wording.
Why should you renew your HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy?
You must renew your HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy to take advantage of the cumulative bonus and continue the benefits you receive for any pre-existing illness from your previous policy with us.
Click here to renew your policy online by filling the form.
What are the exclusions on the HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy?
The following are the exclusions on the policy that you should note.
- 30 day waiting period
- 2 year waiting period for Specific Illnesses and Treatments like internal tumours, cysts, surgery on tonsils and sinuses etc.
- Pre-existing conditions ( until 48 months of continuous coverage)
- War or any act of war
- Any breach of any law with criminal intent
- Self-destruction or self inflicted injury, attempted suicide or suicide
- Any claim arising out of the use of drugs and alcohol
- Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery, unless necessary as a part of medically necessary treatment
- All preventive care, vaccination including inoculation and immunizations
What is the claims procedure for the HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha policy?
The first step towards making a claim should be to call us on our toll free number of our TPA, Family Health Plan Limited (FHPL) on 1800-425-4075. Our claims service personnel will guide through the claim procedure and documents required. Apart from that, you should follow the procedure as outlined below:
Claims Procedure for hospitalization in Network Hospitals
If your case is eligible under the insurance policy, the FHPL will authorize our "Cashless Service" at any empanelled hospital.
- As soon as possible, you must inform FHPL and co-ordinate with the hospital to have the details sent to the FHPL to authorize the cashless service.
- On discharge, verify and sign hospital bills and pay for what is not covered under your health policy.
- The original discharge summary and other investigation reports should be handed over to the hospital. Please retain a photocopy for your records.
- In case hospitalization dates are known, kindly co-ordinate with the hospital and send in all the details of your hospitalization to the FHPL at least 3 days prior to your admission, including the plan of treatment, cost estimates etc. You also need to indicate the contact details of the hospital to where the authorization has to be sent.
Claims Procedure for hospitalization in Non-Network Hospitals
In case of hospitalization in non-network hospitals, you must follow the procedure as outlined below:
- Inform the FHPL as soon as possible.
- At the time of discharge, settle all hospital bills in full and collect the bills, documents and reports.
- Register your claim with the FHPL for processing and reimbursement.
To register your claim, send the following documents to the FHPL:
- Duly signed claim form
- Identity proof
- Copy of Policy Document
- All hospital bills in original with detailed breakup for consolidated amounts
- Bills for medicines purchased from outside, should be accompanied by a doctor's prescription
- On discharge, verify and sign hospital bills and pay for what is not covered under your health policy.
- Discharge summary / Discharge card in original
- All investigation reports in original
To make sure you get the complete benefits of the claim, kindly make a note of the following:
- Please register your claim with FHPL within 7 days of your discharge from hospital.
- Documents, in addition to those mentioned above, may be asked for, depending on the nature of claim lodged. Please retain a copy of the documents sent for your records.
- Any delay in claim intimation may lead to rejection of the claim.
- Issuance of the claim form should not be taken as admission of liability under the policy on the part of the insurer.
Documents are to be sent to the following address:
Family Health Plan (TPA) Ltd.,
Plot No 25, MCH no 8-2-334,
Road no 3, AZAM Colony,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad -500034.
To download the claim form, click here
Please note that HDFC Bank is a corporate agent of HDFC ERGO. The Contract of insurance is between HDFC ERGO and the Insured only and HDFC Bank is not a party to the said contract. Participation by customer to buy insurance policy is purely voluntary. Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation. For more details on coverage, terms and conditions, please read the policy document carefully before conducting a sale.
Certified Corporate Agent's License No. HCG 933982
Already have a Health Suraksha policy?
Get started with your Health Suraksha Plan
Got your Welcome Kit? Inside it you will find:
- A Policy Document:
- Policy Wordings : to help you understand what is covered under the policy
Renew your Health Suraksha Plan
Don't forget to renew your Health Suraksha policy to continue availing the benefits against pre-existing illness from your previous policy.
Click here to renew your Health Suraksha policy online.
Did you know?
- You can get financial security to meet immediate health contingencies through the policy instead of making a dent in your long term savings.
- You should take into consideration the high and rising cost of medical expenses.
You can also benefit from
- A Critical Illness Insurance Policy and get a lump sum amount required to treat critical illnesses and pay for associated treatment.
- A Private Car Insurance Policy that ensures your vehicle is safeguarded no matter what the mishap.
- A Personal Accident Policy that protects you when you get sick in India and offers you Personal Accident Cover worldwide.
Commission on General Insurance
As per RBI circular: RBI/2009-10/225 dated November 16, 2009, following are the details of the comparative commission earned by HDFC Bank from General Insurance, whose products are being distributed:
Commission from General Insurance
|Sr. No||Class of business||% of premium payable as agency commission
(% of final premium excluding service tax)
|1||Fire, IAR and Engineering insurances: -|
|i - General||10%|
|ii - Risks treated as large risks under para 19 (v) of File & Use guidelines||5%|
|2||Motor insurance business (OD portion), WC/EL & statutory Public Liability Insurance||10%|
|3||Motor Third Party Insurance||Nil|
|4||Marine Hull Insurance||10%|
|5||Marine Cargo business||15%|
|6||All other business||15%|
What is TPA? Who is the TPA for HDFC ERGO?
TPA stands for Third Party Administrator. Family Health Plan Limited (FHPL) is our TPA. FHPL is a Third Party Administrator in the field of health insurance duly licensed by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India. FHPL provides high quality, value added services with emphasis on quality consistency along with timely and customised service.
Who do I contact to submit a claim under Health Suraksha policy in case of hospitalisation?
In the case of a claim you need to contact and intimate our TPA (FHPL), request for authorisation and claim the benefits. In case of hospitalisation, the charges will be directly paid to the hospital for which you will need to call the TPA’s help line number and they will arrange for the cashless facility. If it is an emergency, the TPA will help you provide the cashless facility in the nearest hospital or else they will inform you of a hospital where you can avail treatment.
What do you mean by pre-existing diseases not covered under the Critical Illness - Platinum plan?
Any condition, ailment, injury of related condition(s) for which the insured person has had signs or symptoms and/or was diagnosed and/or has received medical advice/treatment within 48 months prior to the insured’s first policy with the company.
What is an injury or injuries?
Injury or injuries means any physical, external or accidental bodily injury occurring suddenly in time and resulting solely and independently of any other cause or any physical defect or infirmity existing before the period of insurance.
What is cumulative bonus?
Cumulative bonus is an increase in the sum insured by a specified percentage of every claim free year subject to a certain maximum, provided that the policy is renewed without any break. Under the Health Suraksha policy, you can avail a 5% cumulative bonus for every claim free year.