MobileBanking App for iPhone
HDFC Bank has launched MobileBanking Application, a special application exclusively for the iPhone. This application allows you to access most important transactions on the go.
You can pay your bills, check your account balance and much more, all while on the move.
All you need is your Customer Id and NetBanking password (IPIN) to login
Why use iPhone Mobile Banking Application?
Well, once you have MobileBanking through browser you can:
- Simple and convenient
- Access your account anywhere, anytime
- As secure as Online Banking
- There are the list of 63 transactions that you can do using your iPhone including
- Balance Enquiry
- Funds Transfer
- Credit Card payment
To download the HDFC Bank MobileBanking application directly to your iPhone, please follow the easy steps listed below
- Go to the App store.
- Search for HDFC Bank MobileBanking
- Download the app.
After downloading the application, simply enter your Customer ID and Netbanking Pin IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. to log in.
Is the App secure?
No information is stored on your mobile phone or SIM card. So even if your phone is lost or stolen, your account is absolutely safe and cannot be compromised. In addition, you can call customer service and report your phone as stolen and we will deactivate your IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. and issue you a fresh IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account..
- HDFC Bank MobileBanking offers you the same unparalleled level of security as HDFC Bank NetBanking
- Only you can log into your account with your Customer ID and your confidential NetBanking passwoed IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account.
- All account information is 128-bit SSL protected
- All card and account numbers or other sensitive information is masked when displayed on HDFC Bank MobileBanking.
- If the IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. (Internet Password) is entered incorrectly for five consecutive times, HDFC Bank will block the usage of your IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account.
Mobile Security - Do's and Dont's
- Password protect the mobile phone. It is recommended to set the maximum number of incorrect password submissions no more than three
- Choose a strong password to keep your account and data safe
- Review your account statements frequently to check for any unauthorised transactions
- Change your IPINIt is an Internet password that is given to customers to access their NetBanking. It is a confidential password for the security of their account. regularly
- Report a lost or stolen phone immediately to your service provider and law enforcement authorities
- Never give your PIN or confidential information over the phone or internet. Never share these details with anyone
- Don't click on links embedded in emails/social networking sites claiming to be from the bank or representing the bank
- Don't transfer funds without due validation of the recipient, as funds once transferred cannot be reversed
- Don't store sensitive information such as credit card details, mobile banking password and user ID in a separate folder on your phone
- Don't forget to inform the bank of changes in your mobile number to ensure that SMS notifications are not sent to someone else
- Never reveal or write down PINs or retain any email or paper communication from the bank with regard to the PIN or password
- Be cautious while accepting offers such as caller tunes or dialer tunes or open/download emails or attachments from known or unknown sources
- Be cautious while using Bluetooth in public places, as someone may access your confidential data/information
- Be careful about the websites you are browsing. If it does not look authentic, do not download anything from it
Can I access HDFC Bank MobileBanking when I am on national roaming?
Yes, as long as you have GPRS activated on your mobile number, subject to availability of the network, you can access HDFC Bank MobileBanking anywhere in the country. Please keep in mind that you might be charged special roaming rates for using GPRS.
Can I access MobileBanking if I have not registered for NetBanking?
No, you need to first register for NetBanking so as to access the Mobile Banking application through IPIN
Can I make payments to new payees?
You cannot register new payees on your HDFC Bank MobileBanking. You need to do that via Net Banking(after registration there is a waiting time of 12 hours) and then you pay via MobileBanking.
Can I use my HDFC Bank application overseas?
Yes, it can be used in any country as long as you have an active GPRS connection.
What are the charges for downloading and using the HDFC Bank MobileBanking app?
HDFC Bank offers HDFC Bank MobileBanking Application FREE of charge to its customers. You can download and use this application as and when needed without any charges by the bank.
Your mobile operator will levy charges for GPRS/3G. Please check with your operator for details.
What are the charges for GPRS service?
Individual mobile operators rates vary as per plan and services offered. Please contact your mobile operator for the charges.
Do I need to register with a specific service provider to avail the GPRS service?
This facility is available across all service providers.
Is a GPRS connection mandatory?
Yes, without it you won't be able to download the application.
How can I pay my bill through the Mobile Application?
After you have logged in, go the bill payment tab and then you can pay to the registered billers.
Mobile operators offer multiple GPRS plans. To which one should I subscribe to use MobileBanking?
MobileBanking application works on all GPRS enabled mobile phones irrespective of plans.
I am still unable to download HDFC Bank MobileBanking?
This may be due to congestion in your service provider's GPRS network. Please try again after some time.
When will the transaction request placed on HDFC Bank MobileBanking get executed?
Any transaction request placed on your HDFC Bank MobileBanking will take the identical amount of time as it would on HDFC Bank NetBanking.
How much memory space is required to install the MobileBanking application?
Approximately 1.3 MB is required to install the application.
What is Customer ID?
It is the unique identification code provided to you by the bank.
Is this service available 24x7?
Yes, the service is available round the clock.
What do I do if I lose my mobile phone?
Even if you lose your phone your account will be safe, as to use this application you need a password.
What are the basic phone requirements for downloading and installing the application?
GPRS should be enabled in your handset.
How many users can use this application on a particular mobile phone?
Any number of users can use this application on the same handset. All that is required is the user's cust ID and IPIN
If I don’t use the service for a period of time, will my account be deactivated by the Bank?
If you don't use this service for 999 days, your account will be deactivated after 999 days.
Which version of iOS is compatible with HDFC MobileBanking application?
Apple iPhones having iOS 3.2 and above are compatible with the application.
What if I get an SMS or a call while on HDFC bank MobileBanking?
You can still answer the call or read the SMS while HDFC Bank MobileBanking continues to run in the background. However current session will expire after 5 minutes of inactive use ofMobileBanking Application.
Which customers can use HDFC Bank MobileBanking Application?
Currently all customers having an active HDFC Bank NetBanking login and IPIN can use this application.
I am able to access other sites on my mobile browser but unable to download HDFC Bank MobileBanking?
HDFC bank MobileBanking is a secure application, downloading or access to HDFC bank MobileBanking may be slow/ intermittent on some GPRS plans. You may need to check with your telecom service provider about other GPRS plans if repeated attempts to access HDFC Bank MobileBanking fail on your existing plan.
What if I get disconnected or my mobile phone switches off while on the Application?
No problem, you are automatically logged out and after your handheld is switched on, you can log in and start transacting once again.
How do you register for NetBanking?
Please click here to register for NetBanking
I was able to use the HDFC Bank MobileBanking application before, but I am not able to do so now. What do I do?
This might be due to a change in your GPRS settings. Please contact your service provider.
I have got a pop up that my account has been locked after inputting the wrong IPIN 5 times What do I do?
You will have to go to the HDFC Bank NetBanking website and follow the procedure mentioned to unlock your NetBanking account password.
What if I change my mobile number?
You can still access your account using HDFC Bank MobileBanking on your phone. However, in case, of a new handset you need to re-download the HDFC Bank MoBanking application
I don't use NetBanking. Will I still be able to download the app and use it?
Yes, you will be able to download the app but to use the application you need to register for NetBanking in order to get an IPIN which will act as your password for the application.
What if I want to change my mobile phone device?
In case you want to use the HDFC Bank MobileBanking application, you will have to re-download the application on your new handset. Follow the set of download instructions for this and continue banking on HDFC bank MobileBanking.
I was able to successfully download HDFC Bank MobileBanking but am not able to locate it on my mobile phone?
HDFC Bank MobileBanking should be in the applications, games or downloads folder on your mobile phone. Please refer to the Application Location section for your device.
Are there any charges and transaction limits to the transactions I can perform on HDFC Bank MobileBanking?
The maximum amount of funds that can be transferred per cust id per day is Rs 10 lacs. Limit of Rs 10 lacs applies whether as an individual or multiple transactions .
NEFT transaction on MobileBanking application is charged according to the conditions below:
- Up to Rs. 1 Lakh – Rs. 5 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Above Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 2 Lakhs – Rs. 15 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Above Rs. 2 Lakhs – Rs. 25 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
How do I get GPRS service?
You can get GPRS by calling your mobile operator and subscribing to a GPRS connection. Each operator has different ways of activating GPRS and time frames for connectivity. Kindly contact your mobile operator for details.
How do I know that no unauthorized payments are made using HDFC Bank MobileBanking?
With HDFC Bank MobileBanking, you initiate and authorize each and every payment that is made from your account. Remember to log out of the application after you have finished using it and don’t share your Customer ID and IPIN with anyone.
How do I terminate this service?
To terminate this service, you need to first deregister from NetBanking and then delete the application from the mobile phone.