- Varied range of products to provide alternative solution to cash
- World class service
- Easy reporting and accounting
- Customized E Commerce solutions and value added products
- Flexible pricing options
- Ease of transaction
- Customized reports based on merchant needs
- Direct T+1 Settlement cycle
What are the features and benefits of Merchant Services?
- No more handling cash: When you avail of HDFC Bank Merchant Services, we install an EDC machineThis is an Electronic Draft Capture machine. It is a computerized system designed to collect data from your Debit or Credit Card once it has been swiped. This is how money is either debited from your account when you Debit Card is swiped or added to your Credit Card statement when your Credit Card is swiped. at your outlet, which will enable you to accept all Visa/ MasterCard cards for payment. This means fewer cash transactions for you and more convenience for your customers!
- Experience World Class Service with HDFC Bank Merchant Services. Your exclusive relationship manager is always available to assist you for your various banking needs. We also take pride in our exclusive in-house service team, which is available round the clock for your convenience.
- Easy reporting and accounting.
At HDFC Bank we offer you multiple options to receive your Merchant payment report (MPR). You can opt for your payment report by Email or regular mail. You can also opt for daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports. Now reconciling your Current Account credits and card transactions is much simpler!
- Varied range of products to increase your revenues.
- GPRS Terminals - Enables mobile - SIM card based processing of transactions.
- Easy EMI - Offer EMI facility to your customers and watch your business grow!
- Flexi Currency - Does your customer base include foreign nationals? Offer HDFC Bank Flexi Currency to your customers and enable them to purchase in their home currency. We accept 15 international currencies and we are MasterCard/Visa compliant.
- Cash@shop - Emergency cash for your customers! Offer cash withdrawal on domestic debit cards upto Rs 1000/- per day per card and improve their shopping experience in your outlet.
- Flexible pricing options - We offer you a range of pricing options to suit your budget and nature of business.
- Merchant Advantage Plan (MAP) - Now empower yourself by choosing your own pricing. HDFC Bank's unique MAP allows you to control the pricing based on the volumes you transact with us.
- Flat Pricing - You can also opt for a flat discount rate on your EDC machineThis is an Electronic Draft Capture machine. It is a computerized system designed to collect data from your Debit or Credit Card once it has been swiped. This is how money is either debited from your account when you Debit Card is swiped or added to your Credit Card statement when your Credit Card is swiped..
- Other pricing Plans - We also have varied pricing plans, depending on your business requirements. Our relationship officers will help you select the pricing option that is best for you at the time of signing up.
What are the eligibility criteria and documentation for Merchant Services?
To be eligible for Merchant Services you need to have a:
- Valid business establishment with BPR
- Business that has been in existence for at least 6 months or more
Documentation required for Merchant Services:
- Merchant application form
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Business establish proof
- Competition MPR (If you already have an EDC machineThis is an Electronic Draft Capture machine. It is a computerized system designed to collect data from your Debit or Credit Card once it has been swiped. This is how money is either debited from your account when you Debit Card is swiped or added to your Credit Card statement when your Credit Card is swiped. from another bank)
- For additional EDC
Request letter to be given in letter head with authorized signatory name & required number of Terminals
- For EMI/ GPRS/ Flexi Currency / Cash@shop
Please check with your relationship manager for details on how to apply for these value added products.
What are the fees and charges?
- All charges as per The Merchant agreement signed by you with the bank shall apply
- Installation charges will also be charged, depending on the location & type of business
- GPRS terminals are available at a monthly or annual rental plan - pls speak to your relationship manager today.
- All physical MPRs for the following frequency will be charged from 01-Oct-12
- Rs. 199 per month for daily physical MPR
- Rs. 149 per month for weekly physical MPR
- Rs. 99 per month for fortnightly MPR
- All charges are excluding taxes. Additional Service Tax & VAT will be as applicable.
What is the payment gateway for Merchant Services?
HDFC Bank Payment Gateway provides a single platform to support multiple payment technologies. The solution supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a commonly-used protocol for the security of messages transmitted on the Internet., Secure Electronic Transactions, Pseudo Card Numbers (PCN), 3-D Secure Visa Authenticated Payment protocol and MasterCard Secure Payment Application (SPA).
HDFC Bank Payment Gateway enables the merchants to stay abreast of rapidly changing payment technology; it incorporates a hosted payment page that provides a common interface with the merchant web site, regardless of which secure payment protocol is used. HDFC Bank Payment Gateway also provides secure browser-based access for real time transaction monitoring and reports download.
Our Payment Gateway integrates risk-management and fraud-detection software using a sophisticated, easy-to-manage rules-based system that monitors merchant and cardholder activity.
Payment Gateway is a flexible, scalable solution designed to accommodate the rapidly evolving Internet secure payment environment for businesses. It offers a user-friendly facility to businesses to sell their products in a hassle-free manner to their target customers and ensure receipt of payments upfront.
Overview of Payment Gateway
- Provides an integrated, flexible rules-based proactive risk management system that operates with all secure payment protocols
- Supports branding and CSS for merchants.
- Supports online transactions, batch processed transactions as well as IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. and kiosks.
- Transaction data, reports and other relevant information is easily accessible through browser enabled user interface for merchants
- Supports multiple payment types and can route to various authorisation systems and traditional card payment engines
- Supports multiple platforms.
- VBV, OTPOTP is a One time password that is valid for only one specific transaction and Securecode compliant.
- Highly reliable Payment Gateway offering 99.99% uptime.
- Customised MIS solutions for travel, retail and service (e.g. telecom) industries.
- Easy to integrate and maintain..
- 24 Hour helpdesk support.
How an internet transaction is initiated and processed through Payment Gateway ?
- The customer fills his shopping cart on a merchant website and proceeds to check out.
- The transaction information is transmitted to the merchant server.
- The web merchant forwards a digital order to the Payment Gateway server in an encrypted format.
- The Payment Gateway authenticates the merchant and provides payment options and payment details screens directly on the customer's browser over a secure 128-bit SSL+ connection.
- The customer provides his credit card details, which is directly sent to the Payment Gateway server when he clicks "Pay" .
- The credit card details are then switched to the Operator / Bank for authentication.
- The Operator / Bank then transmits the message to the cardholders' bank for payment authorisation.
- The issuing bank authorises the payment, provided the card is valid and has the requisite credit limit and transmits the confirmation back to the Payment Gateway through the Operator / Bank
- On receiving the authorisation, Payment Gateway forwards a digital receipt to the merchant server.
- The merchant provides a confirmation of the payment to the customer's browser.
- The entire process integrates seamlessly with the shop and buy application of the web merchant.
- The merchant may then ship the goods and capture the transaction on the gateway server.
Features of Payment Gateway
- Supports multiple merchants on a single platform.
- Acceptance for most of the major credit and debit cards.
- User interfaces for merchants are browser enabled.
- Supports multiple platforms.
- Time to market - integrating merchants via simple universal payment adapter (Merchant Plug-In).
- Scalable to process a few thousand transactions to millions of transactions / month on a real time basis.
- Utilises Java architecture and a relational database — either Microsoft SQL or Oracle — for scalability and portability.
- Integration with existing applications and support for various shopping cart applications are simpler and faster.
- Provides an integrated, flexible rules-based risk-management system that operates with all secure payment protocols.
- Transactions are screened by up to three negative files – BINs; hot cards reported lost or stolen; and warm cards that have exceeded usage or other temporary parameters.
- Supports multiple payment types and can route to various authorisation systems and traditional card payment engines.
- Provides extensive online query capabilities that support evaluation of transaction activity.
- Allow cardholders to create personal assurance messages which can later be exchanged with their financial institutions during the purchase transaction
- Supports CVV2 and CVC2 for fraud control .
- Supports online, batch and IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. transactions
- Provide merchants with real time access to transaction data, reports and other relevant information through web.
- Provide both cardholders and financial institutions with the knowledge that purchases have been securely authenticated.
- Maintain a complete digital history of orders including confirmation numbers, payment, shipment and other relevant details
- Secured user interface for system management and operations
- State-of-the-art security technology and processes .
- Comprehensive user guides and support information.
- 24x7 helpdesk support
We have an, in-house, dedicated, customer service team, which trouble shoots in case you need any assistance on the machine operations, rolls, charge backs, reports, etc. In case you need any assistance on the EDC machines installed at your outlet please call us up at the following numbers
|Bihar / Jharkhand||033-22488404|
|Goa||0832-2421207 / 6656655|
|Punjab / Haryana / J&K||0172-3924523 / 18602001121|
|Uttar Pradesh / Uttaranchal||0522-3258918|
|West Bengal / North East||033-22488404|