Our wide range of ATMs across the country ensures that you are never too far from your money.
You can do a wide range of banking transactions like withdraw cash, make HDFC Bank Credit Card payments, check account balance, order cheque book or refill your prepaid mobile.
What’s more our ATMs allow you to withdraw cash 40% faster than other bank ATMs.
Welcome to 24 hour banking!
What are the features of HDFC Bank ATMs?
With a wide spread network of ATMs across India, enjoy the following benefits at your convenience:
- 24 hour access to cash
- Personalised cash withdrawals
- View account statements and mini-statements
- Change ATM PIN.
- Make HDFC Bank Credit Card payments
- Order cheque book / account statement
- Deposit cash or cheques at our selected non-branch ATMs
- Transfer funds between accounts linked to the same ATM / Debit Card
- Refill prepaid mobile
- Pay Utility Bills
- Enquire about cheque status
- Request for NetBanking password
- Register for Mobile Banking
- Pay your Taxes using ATM / Debit Card
Benefits of your HDFC Bank ATM
Withdraw cash, check your balance, order a cheque book; all at your own convenience from any of the wide network of HDFC Bank ATMs across the country. This is a fast, easy and convenient way to transact through your account. To find the ATM closest to you, choose your city from the link below
HDFC Bank ATMs – 40% Faster*
Our fast paced world calls for faster cars, faster trains, faster planes. What about your bank? HDFC Bank ATMs now allow you to withdraw cash 40% faster than other similar ATMs
Click here to know more.
What are the features of HDFC Bank ATMs?
Enjoy various features using our Bank ATMs. Here is a look at what you can do at our ATMs
- 24 hour access to cash :You can withdraw up to Rs. 10,000 per day on your ATM Card and up to Rs. 25,000 or more on your Debit Card (depending on the type of card held) Click here to know more on the daily cash withdrawal limits on your Debit Card.
- Personalised cash withdrawals: Save time on your cash withdrawal transactions by pre-setting your preferred language / account / amount.
- View account balances and mini-statements: Get a mini-statement with the last 9 transactions on your account, with your account balance.
- Change ATM PIN: Change your ATM PIN whenever you want.
- Order a cheque book or account statement: You can order a cheque book or an account statement from our ATMs.
- HDFC Bank Credit Card Payment: Pay your HDFC Bank Credit Card bill at any of our ATMs. The primary account of your Debit / ATM card will be debited
- Deposit cash or cheques: Deposit cheques or cash into your account at our selected non-branch ATMs
- Transfer funds between accounts: You can transfer funds between the accounts. A maximum of 16 accounts (Savings / Current) can be linked to a card
- Refill your Prepaid mobile: Refill your prepaid mobile using the Prepaid Mobile Refill service instantly Click here to know more.
- Pay your utility bills: Pay your mobile, telephone and electricity bills through our ATMs using BillPay, a comprehensive bill payment solution. Click here to know more Click here to know more.
- Cheque Status Enquiry: Get information about the status of a cheque issued from your account
- NetBanking password request: Request for your NetBanking password (IPIN) at an ATM and it will be sent to your recorder mailing address.
- Registration for Mobile Banking: Register for MobileBanking and use our Banking services through your mobile.
- Pay your Taxes: Register yourself for payment of Direct Taxes and pay your Taxes using your ATM / Debit Card Click here to Know More
There are no charges levied for use of other bank’s cards on HDFC Bank ATMs for cash withdrawals and balance enquires
What are the ATM fees?
There is no charge for using the card at HDFC Bank ATMs.
|Charges on Other Bank's ATM Networks in India||Charges|
|For Current Account Debit Card Holders||Balance enquiry - Free
Cash withdrawal - Rs. 20/-* per transaction
|For Salary & Saving Account Debit Card Holders||Total of 5 ATM Financial and Non-Financial transactions per month at other Bank ATMs free of cost.
Charges from the 6th Transaction onwards:
* -- The revised charges are applicable effective 15th October 2009 and is inclusive of service tax
** -- The revised charges are applicable effective 1st July 2011 and service tax extra
You will be allowed to withdraw a maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction from another bank’s ATM, w.e.f. from 15th October 2009.
You will not be charged any fee when you use your ATM / Debit Card at any merchant location
However, at petrol pumps and railway stations you will be charged a fee as per Industry practice.
|Transaction||Cash Withdrawal||Balance Inquiry|
|International Visa/ Plus ATMs and Cirrus ATMs||Rs. 110/-||Rs. 15/-***|
*** - The Revised charges are applicable effective October 1, 2002. As per the Finance Bill 2009, all fees and charges mentioned above will attract a service tax @ 10% and education cess @ 3% of the service tax amount effective 24th Feb 2009
What does 40% faster ATMs mean?
HDFC Bank ATMs now allow you to withdraw cash 40% faster.
At the ATM, you can register your most frequently used cash withdrawal amount along with the account and preferred language as "MyFavourite". Thereafter, to withdraw the same amount, you only need to enter your PIN, select "MyFavourite", and collect the cash. This reduces the number of screens you have to go through from 9 to 5, thus saving 40% of your time
How do I take advantage of this?
- The next time you withdraw your money from an HDFC Bank ATM you will be prompted to set your last withdrawal amount as "MyFavourite" (i.e. your preferred cash amount).
- If you agree, the cash withdrawal amount, account (in case of multiple accounts) and preferred language are registered for future transactions
Then all you have to do is:
- Enter your PIN
- Select "MyFavourite"
- Collect you cash and card
You can also change the amount or the account from which the cash is debited by following the regular withdrawal steps. The new amount and account number can also be registered as "MyFavourite" to replace your earlier favourite transaction.
*'40% faster' is based on the time taken for an average cash withdrawal at HDFC Bank ATMs by HDFC Bank accountholders using the 'MyFavourite' feature. This is available at most HDFC Bank ATMs
Additional questions by RBI?
What is an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)?
An Automated Teller Machine is a computerised machine that offers bank customers the ability to access their accounts to withdraw cash and carry out other financial transactions without visiting a bank branch
What type of cards can I use at an ATM?
You can use any ATM, Debit, Credit or Prepaid Card that permits cash withdrawals at an ATM. You can also use these cards for various other transactions
What are the facilities offered by at ATMs?
ATMs don’t only help to dispense cash. You can avail of various other services:
- Get account information
- Make cash deposit
- Pay bills
- Re-charge prepaid cards
- Get mini-statements
- Enquire about loans
The services may vary from bank to bank or may depend on the capacity of the machine to provide such services.
How can you use an ATM?
You have to first insert your card in the slot provided and then enter your ATM PIN. After that you can select the respective options to perform whatever transactions you want
Can these cards be used at any bank ATM in the country?
Yes, the cards issued by banks in India can be used at any bank ATM within India.
What is a Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a unique numeric password you need to use an ATM. Your PIN is either mailed to your address or handed over to you by the bank when you are issued your card. You should reset your PIN at the ATM once you receive it. For security reasons, most banks force you to change your PIN when you first use your card
Remember never to write your PI N on your card, card holder or anywhere that makes it easy for someone to read it. If someone knows your PIN your card can easily be misused if it is lost or stolen.
What should I do if I forget my PIN or my card gets stuck in an ATM machine?
If this happens you should contact your card issuing bank branch immediately and apply for its retrieval or for a new card.
What should I do if I lose my card?
You should contact your card issuing bank immediately to block your card
Is there any minimum and maximum cash withdrawal limit per day?
Yes, each bank sets a limit for cash withdrawals. The cash withdrawal limit for use at the ATM of the issuing bank is set by the bank when the card is issued. The maximum withdrawal limit is displayed at the respective ATM locations.
For cash withdrawals at other bank’s ATMs, a maximum limit of Rs 10,000 per transaction has been decided upon. This information is displayed at the ATM location itself.
Do banks levy any service charge for use of other bank’s ATMs?
No charges are payable for using other bank’s ATMs for cash withdrawals and balance enquiries, as the RBI has made it free under its "Free ATM access policy" since April 01, 2009. However, banks can restrict the number of free transactions to a maximum of five per month. For transactions beyond this, banks charge a maximum of Rs. 20 per transaction for cash withdrawals. For charges on non-financial transaction please check the respective bank's website
What should I do if during the cash withdrawal process, I don’t receive cash from the ATM but my account is still debited for the amount?
You can lodge a complaint with the card issuing bank. This is applicable even if the transaction was carried out at another bank’s ATM.
What is the maximum number of days that a bank will require to re-credit the account for wrong debits?
As per RBI instructions, a bank may re-credit wrongly debited amounts within a maximum period of 7 working days.
Am I eligible for compensation for delays beyond 7 working days?
Yes. Effective from July 1, 2011, a bank will have to pay you Rs 100/- per day for any delay beyond 7 working days, only if the complaint is lodged within 30 days of the date of the transaction. This will have to be credited to your account without any claim being made by you.
In case the compensation is not credited as mandated, what recourse do I have?
In such a case you may lodge a complaint with the local Banking Ombudsman, if the bank does not respond.
Now, you have the luxury of paying your Taxes at your convenience through any HDFC Bank ATM. Only one time registration required
Steps to be followed for payment of Tax through ATM:
- 1. Fill and submit a form at any of the HDFC Bank Branch. Click Here to download the Registration Form. You will be registered for the service in seven working days.
- 2. Once registered, the tax payment option through will be activated. Thereafter, use your Debit Card / ATM PIN Number and use the ATM menu to do the Tax payment transaction.
Advantages of Tax Payment through ATM:
- The tax amount is debited on a real-time basis from your account and an acknowledgement slip will be generated from the ATM for your records.
- Once the tax payment is completed, a message will be sent to you through SMS and a message along with the counterfoil will be provided through email.
- Up to Rs. 3 lakh can be paid as tax payment through ATM per day
- All payments received till midnight will get value date of the same day
The facility is for Primary Account holders only. The primary account will be debited once the transaction has been completed
Tax Payment FAQs
What Taxes can be paid through this facility?
All type of Direct taxes can be paid through this service
Am I eligible to avail the Service?
One time registration to be done for this service by filling and submitting a form at any of the HDFC Bank Branch. You will be registered for the service in seven working days. Once registered, the ATM tax payment option will be activated enabling you to pay your taxes using the ATM.
What type of Card can be used for this service?
You may use a Debit / ATM Card to avail the services.
How can I register for this Service?
Click Here to download the Registration Form for one time registration. Duly fill and submit the form at your nearest HDFC Bank Branch
What is the TAT post completion of registration process to avail the facility?
You will be registered for the service in seven working days
Will I get any confirmation after the payment of my Taxes?
An acknowledgement slip will be generated from the ATM for your records once the transaction is completed. Also, a confirmation message will be sent to you through SMS and a message along with the counterfoil will be provided through email.
Are there any extra charges to avail the facility?
No, the services are provided free of cost.
Is there any limit to the Payment of Tax amount through ATM?
You can pay up to Rs. 3 lakh as tax payment through ATM on a daily basis.
How do I make a payment if my taxes are more that the Rs. 3 Lakh?
You can pay up to Rs. 3 lakh as tax payment through ATM on a daily basis. In case the amount is more than Rs. 3 lakh, you will have to carry out multiple transactions in successive days.
How many PAN Cards can be linked to my account?
You can register up to Two PAN numbers against a single Debit Card
What is the maximum amount I can withdraw on my ATM Card / Debit Card at an ATM?
You can withdraw up to Rs. 10,000 per day using your ATM Card. Per day ATM Withdrawal limit on your Debit Card will be depended on the type of Debit Card held by you.
For HDFC bank ATM /Debit card used at Non-HDFC bank ATM, the daily withdrawal limit is Rs.10, 000.
Am I charged anything if I lose my ATM / Debit Card or it is stolen?
If the ATM / Debit Card is lost or stolen, any transaction made with your card at an ATM is a result of you compromising your PIN, which should have been known only to you. In such a case you are liable for any loss incurred for any transaction made with your card by someone else at an ATM.
However, there is a 'Zero Liability' applicable for your ATM / Debit Cards for fraudulent Point of Sale transactions, not ATM transactions. To know more Click here
How can I use the "Funds Transfer" option at the ATM?
To use the Funds Transfer option, you must have more than one Savings (single, either or survivor) or sole proprietorship Current Account linked to the same ATM / Debit Card. Visit your nearest branch and place a request to link your accounts to your ATM / Debit Card. You can link up to 16 accounts to one ATM / Debit Card.
I have forgotten my ATM PIN, how can I retrieve it?
You can place a request to regenerate your ATM PIN by either:
- Calling your local HDFC Bank PhoneBanking Number
- Visiting your nearest HDFC Bank Branch
Based on your request, your ATM PIN will either be dispatched to your recorded mailing address or to your nearest branch from where you can collect it in person.
What should I do in case I have used my ATM/Debit Card at an HDFC Bank ATM or another bank’s ATM and have not received the amount I wanted to withdraw or I have received less money?
If one of these scenarios occurs you should:
- Log a complaint with your local HDFC Bank PhoneBanking Number and you will be guided as to what to do.
- Visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch.