Max savings with SavingsMax! A premium savings account that helps to save money up to Rs 4270*. To discover how, click here.
Apply Now for an HDFC Bank SavingsMax Account.
We have got you covered
- Accidental Death Insurance of Rs. 10 lakhs on account
- Get Accidental Hospitalisation Cover of Rs. 1 lakh* per annum
It pays to bank with us
- 50% discount on Account opening (Rs 499 vis-a-vis regular price of Rs 999)
- Rs 1 lakh worth of trade volumes free*
Online Trading Account Offer
Various discount on Auto, Personal and Business loans
Compare SavingsMax Account
Compare and see which account suits you perfectly.
*Terms and conditions Apply
Make every swipe count
Lifetime free Titanium Royale Debit Card
- Daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 75,000
- Daily shopping limit of Rs. 1.75 lakh
- 1% CashBack* on every transaction
- Unlimited Free ATM transactions on HDFC and Non-HDFC bank ATM's
Make your account work harder
- MoneyMaximiser: Earn higher interest on money lying idle with our automatic sweep out facility. Available on request.
- Sweep-in: If your savings account is short of funds, your Fixed Deposit will be automatically dissolved to meet the short fall.
Average Monthly Balance Calculator
Click here to calculate the Average Monthly Balance (AMB) required to be maintained in your account.
What are the special privileges with a SavingsMax Account?
Enjoy special privileges with your SavingsMax Account:
- 1. Accidental hospitalization cover (applicable from 1st Aug 09)
- Get accidental hospitalization cover of Rs. 1 lakh per annum on your SavingsMax Account
- Claim daily cash allowance* at Rs.1,000 per day for a maximum of 15 days per year, for each day of hospitalisation due to an accident
- This is a re-imbursement cover, extended only to the first holder of the SavingsMax Account
- This is applicable after the completion of the 1st calendar quarter, after the quarter of your account opening.
- For the claim to be accepted & processed, the first holder of the SavingsMax Account should have fulfilled the following:
- You should have made at least 1 Point of Sale (POS) purchase at a merchant establishment using your Debit Card in the previous 3 months before the date of accident.
- 2. Accidental Death Insurance Cover of Rs. 10 lakhs on account for the first holder only
- The insurance cover is restricted to death by vehicular accidents (Rail/Road/Air)
- For claim to be processed, primary account holder should have done atleast 1 purchase- Point of Sale transaction at a merchant establishment using the Debit Card in the previous 3 months before the date of death. A purchase transaction performed before the date of death in the same month will also be valid
* Conditions apply
For more Terms & Conditions click here
Other Special Benefits
- 1. Preferential pricing on new Online Trading Accounts
- Account opening charges Rs. 499 only (regular price Rs. 999)
- 1 lakh worth of trade volumes free (valid for 3 calendar months after your online trading account opening month)
- 2. Loan offers (effective 1st November 2013) -
- Auto Loan - Get up to 90% finance on the on-road price with a 7 year tenure
- Two Wheeler Loan - Savings of Rs.2375 and 50%discount on processing fees
- 3. Forex Plus Card -
- 50% discount on issuance of Forex Plus Card (on minimum load of USD 2000 on card or any other currency equivalent to it) through branch
- 50% discount on issuance of the Gift Plus card ( min load of Rs .5000 on card through Branch and Net Banking)
For more Terms & Conditions click here
What are the features and benefits of a SavingsMax Account?
Get maximum advantage from your SavingsMax Account. Take a look at the features and benefits listed below:
- Free cash withdrawal and balance enquiries at all HDFC Bank ATMs and non-HDFC Bank domestic ATMs
- Free lifetime Titanium Royale Debit Card for the primary account holder. A Titanium Royale Debit Card for any other account holder will be charged at Rs. 250
- Free lifetime Woman's Advantage/International Debit Card for all account holders
- Free Payable-at-ParThis means you only have to pay the amount written on the cheque and not the service charges that might otherwise be charged to you, especially when you send a cheque to someone out of your city or country. cheque book without any usage charges
- Free demand drafts on HDFC Bank locations, up to Rs. 1 lakh per day
- Free lifetime BillPay & InstaAlerts for all account holders
- Free passbook facility for all account holders (individuals)
- 50% off on locker rental calculated on a pro-rata basis and applicable only for the year of allotment.
- Free folio maintenance charges on Demat account for the first year
- Transaction linked discount on AMC for Demat accounts
- Free passbook available at home branch for account holders (individuals)
- Free email statements
- Bank conveniently with facilities like NetBanking, PhoneBanking and MobileBanking – check your account balance, pay utility bills or stop cheque payments all via SMS.
|Annual Txs||AMC Charge (p.a)|
|> 0 < = 10||Rs 750/-|
|> 10 < = 25||Rs 500/-|
|> 25||Rs 300/-|
Make the most of our "MoneyMaximizer" (sweep-out) facility so your surplus funds can be put into high earning fixed deposit at the threshold of Rs. 1,25,000. If the balance in your SavingsMax Account exceeds/reaches Rs. 1,25,000, the amount in excess of Rs. 1,00,000 will be put in a fixed deposit at a minimum value of Rs. 25,000 for a one year and one day period*.
What are the eligibility criteria for a SavingsMax Account?
Get details on eligibility criteria & documents required for HDFC Bank SavingsMax Account
The following are eligible to open a SavingsMax Account:
- Resident individuals (sole or joint account)
- Hindu undivided families
- Foreign nationals residing in India*
If you are a foreign national residing in India, you may open a Savings Account by temporarily attaching an undertaking (QA 22 form) stating sources of credit and a copy of your residence permit
Minimum Balance Requirement
- If the AMB in the SavingsMax a/c >= 25,000/-, no AMB non-maintenance charges will be levied
- Transaction charges applicable, in case the specified AMB has not been maintained in the previous month
- Effective 1st April 2015, the bank will notify the customer in advance clearly by SMS/ email/ letter etc in the first month of non-maintenance of balance in the account .
- In case the minimum balance is not restored in the next month from the month of notice of shortfall, penal charges would be charged for all months including the month of notice until the AMB/ AQBAverage Quarterly Balance (AQB) is the average balance to be maintained in the account over a period of a quarter. is maintained
|AMB Slabs (in Rs.)||Service Charges in case of Non-maintenance*|
|>= 20,00 to < 25,000||Rs. 300/-|
|>= 15,000 to < 20,000||600*|
|>= 10,000 to < 15,000|
|>= 5,000 to < 10,000|
|0 to < 5000|
*6% of the Maximum Shortfall in the AMB slab or Rs. 600 whichever is lower
What are the fees and charges of SavingsMax Account ?
Enclosed below are HDFC Bank SavingsMax Account fees and charges
|Description of Charges||SavingsMax Account|
|Minimum balance – Average Monthly Balance (AMB)||Rs. 25,000|
|Charges on non-maintenance thereof||Effective 1st April 2015, the bank will notify the customer in advance clearly by SMS/ email/ letter etc in the first month of non-maintenance of balance in the account .
In case the minimum balance is not restored in the next month from the month of notice of shortfall, penal charges would be charged for all months including the month of notice until the AMB/ AQBAverage Quarterly Balance (AQB) is the average balance to be maintained in the account over a period of a quarter. is maintained
*6% of the Maximum Shortfall in the AMB slab or Rs. 600 whichever is lower
|Cheque book||Free - 25 cheque leaves per half year. Additional chequebook of 25 leaves will be charged @ Rs 75/- per chequebook.
|PAP cheque book usage charges||No charges|
|Issue of duplicate/adhoc statements||Branch - Rs 100/-
PhoneBanking ( Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.) - Rs.75/-
NetBanking, Mobile Banking, PhoneBanking - IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. & ATM - Rs 50/-
For Senior Citizen
Branch - Rs 50/- per statement
• PhoneBanking ( Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.) - Rs.50/- per statement
• NetBanking , MobileBanking, PhoneBanking – IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. & ATM - Rs 30/- per statement
( w.e.f 1st July'13 )
|Duplicate passbook issuance*||Rs 100/-|
|Managers cheques/demand drafts (issuance/re-issuance) - At HDFC Bank locations||
|Managers cheque/demand drafts - Cancellation/revalidation||Rs. 100
( Nil charges for Managers cheque/demand drafts - Cancellation/revalidation up to Rs.1000/-)
( w.e.f 1st Jan 2016 )
|Demand drafts (issued) - On non-HDFC Bank locations||
|Cheque collection - Local clearing zone||Free|
|Collection of outstation cheques - Our bank locations||
|Collection of outstation cheques - Other locations||
|Cheque return charges drawn on us - Local||
|Cheques deposited - Outward||
|Balance enquiry - At branch||Free|
|Balance Certificate||Current year - Free; previous year - Rs. 50|
|Interest Certificate||Rs. 50|
Upto 14 days - Nil
|Photo attestation||Rs 100/- per instance ( Nil for Senior Citizens )
( w.e.f 1st July'13 )
|Address confirmation||Rs 50/- per instance|
|Stop payment charges||Particular cheque - Rs. 100 (free through NetBanking), range of cheques - Rs. 200 (free through NetBanking)|
|Standing instructions||Rs. 25 per transcation plus remittanceRemittance is any form of money transfer or payment done from one's working country to home country. Depending on the difference in currency rates and the amount to be transferred, the charges on remittance are also different. charge
( w.e.f 1st July'13 )
|Old records/copy of paid cheques||Upto 1 year - Rs. 50 per record; above 1 year - Rs. 100 per record|
|Activation of dormant account||No charges|
|Branch transactions (Includes only Cheque deposit/Cheque issuance/Funds Transfer Debit/NEFT/RTGS)
(Charges over and above standard remittanceRemittance is any form of money transfer or payment done from one's working country to home country. Depending on the difference in currency rates and the amount to be transferred, the charges on remittance are also different. charges for Fund Transfer / NEFTThis stands for National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). It is a system that facilitates an individual or company to electronically transfer funds from any bank branch to any individual or company having an account with any other bank branch in the country. / RTGSIt stands for Real Time Gross Settlement. It means that funds transfers happen immediately, in real time. Instructions are processed at the time they are received rather than later. 'Gross Settlement' means the settlement of funds transfers occur on an instruction by instruction basis. This is considering that the funds settlement take place in the books of the Reserve Bank of India, the payments are final and irrevocable. .Remittance charges applicable starting first transaction onwards)
|Cash transactions (Cash deposits & withdrawals) by self at home & Non-home branches
Value Cap will be applicable along with Number Cap on Cash Txns on Non Home branch
|Cash transactions (Cash deposits & withdrawals) by self at home & Non-home branches||
|Cash handling for cash deposit at home branch||For non-managed customers
- Cash deposit value upto Rs 1 lakh/day - No charge
- Above Rs 1 lakh - Rs 25/- per Rs 50,000 or part thereof.
Charge will be levied for the full amount.
|Third Party Transactions at Home & Non - Home branch||
|Local cheque deposited for outstation accounts||No charge|
|Phonebanking - non-IVR||
|ATM card - Replacement charges||Rs. 200 (plus taxes and cess) (w.e.f 1st Dec'14)|
|ATM card - Transaction charge - non HDFC Bank ATMs||Free upto a transaction limit of Rs 10,000/-|
|ATM Card - Transaction charge for non-partner banks||N.A.|
|Debit card (annual fee) - Regular||Free for all account holders for lifetime|
|Debit Card (annual fee) - Titanium Royale||Free for primary account holder for lifetime. Rs.250 per year (plus taxes and cess) for other account holders.|
|Debit Card (annual fee) - Women's Card||Free for all account holders for lifetime|
|Debit Card (renewal fee) - Regular||N.A.|
|Debit Card (renewal fee) - Titanium Royale||Free for primary account holder for lifetime. Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes and cess) for other account holders|
|Debit Card (renewal fee) - Women's Card||N.A.|
|Debit Card - Replacement charges||Replacement of a damaged card - No charges; replacement of a lost card - Rs. 200 (plus taxes and cess) for all card types (w.e.f 1st Dec'14)|
|ATM / Debit Card Card - Transaction Charge||Unlimited free transactions on HDFC as well as non HDFC Bank ATMs|
|Debit Card (transaction charge) - Non-HDFC Bank international ATMs||Rs. 25 per balance enquiry & Rs. 125 per cash withdrawal (plus taxes and cess)
The Bank will charge cross-currency mark-up of 3.5% on foreign currency transactions carried out on Debit Cards. The exchange rate used will be the VISA/Master Card wholesale exchange rate prevailing at the time of transaction
|PIN regeneration charge||Rs. 50 (plus taxes and cess)|
|Decline charge for insufficient balance||Transactions declined at other bank ATMs anywhere in the world or at a merchant outlet outside India due to insufficient funds will be charged at Rs. 25 per transaction (plus taxes and cess)|
|Add-on debit card - Regular||Free|
|Add-on debit card - Titanium Royale||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Add-on debit card - Women's Card||Free|
|InstaPay||Rs. 10 (plus taxes and cess) per transaction|
|Visa Money Transfer||Rs. 5 (plus taxes and cess) per transaction|
|NEFT charges - Inward||NIL|
|NEFT charges - outward||
|NEFT Charges for Indo-Nepal transactions||Customers having NSBL*A/c - Rs. 20/-
Customers having non-NSBL* A/c
Upto Rs. 5,000 - Rs 70/-
Above Rs. 5,000 - Rs. 95/-
* Nepal State Bank Ltd
|RTGS - Outward||RTGS - Outward:
Above Rs. 2 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs - Rs. 25 (exclusive of taxes and cess) per transaction
Above Rs 5. lakh - Rs. 50 (exclusive of taxes and cess) per transaction
|RTGS - Inward||NIL|
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) – Outward
||Charges effective 15th May-15
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) - Inward||NIL|
|Any deliverable returned by courier due to negative reasons (no such consignee/consignee shifted and non-existent address)||Rs. 50/- per instance|
|TIN regeneration (requests received at the branch for a physical dispatch)||Rs 50/- per instance|
|IPIN regeneration (requests received at the branch for a physical dispatch)||Rs 100/- per instance|
|SI rejects||Rs. 200/- per instance|
Click here to view charges applicable effective 1st September 2013
*At home branch for account holders (individuals)
Note : Service/Transaction charges will be applied in the current month based on the AMB maintianed in the account in the previous month
Service/Transaction charges based on non - maintainence of AMB (as specified above) do not apply to Preferred , Corporate Salary & SuperSaver customers
The PhoneBanking charges will apply on transaction that are available on the IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. but are done through the PhoneBanking Executive
All fees and charges, mentioned in the Tariff of charges, will attract Service Tax @14% (w.e.f 1st June 2015) and Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) @ 0.5% (w.e f. November 15, 2015)
What is the time taken to realize outstation cheques?
The indicative time taken for the realization of outstation cheques is given below:
- Cheques drawn where HDFC Bank has a branch, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds in:
- Main metro locations (Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi): 7 working days
- Metro centers and state capitals (other than those of North Eastern states and Sikkim): Maximum period of 10 working days.
- In all other centres where we have branches: maximum period of 14 working days.
- Cheques drawn on non-branch locations where we have a tie-up with correspondent banks, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds: Within a maximum period of 14 working days
- Cheques drawn on non-branch locations where we do not have a tie-up with correspondent banks, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds: Within a maximum period of 14 working days
How can you transfer your Savings Account from one branch to another?
Following is the process to be followed to transfer your account from one branch to another:
- An account transfer form, signed by all applicants, given at any of our branches. We recommend that you submit the form at the branch that you want your account transferred to.
- There will be no change in your account number. You can continue to use your existing chequebook, debit card etc
How can I change / update the address for my account?
We request you to follow the below steps to update /change your address.
What are the documents required to open a New Savings Account?
In order to open a new Savings Account, simply walk into the nearest HDFC Bank and speak to a customer service executive. Remember to carry the following documents (original for verification and self-attested copies for submission):
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Latest passport size photographs
What is the rate of interest I will earn on the balance in my Savings Account?
Interest on a Savings Account is paid at 4.00% p.a. on a daily end of day balance, w.e.f. May 3, 2011.