Regular Salary Account
A comprehensive salary account tailored for you; with special offers including free Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 6 lakh and Air Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 30 lakhs*.
Apply now for an HDFC Bank Regular Salary Account.
- Free Personal Accidental Death Cover of Rs.6 lakh*
- Free Air Accidental Death Cover of Rs.30 lakhs*
- 5% savings on your everyday spends on partner merchants
- Free International Rewards Debit Card with higher limits
- Get your account number, chequebook and debit card instantly. Visit our nearest branch Now
- Access your bank account at your convenience
To refer your organisation, please visit your nearest branch.
What are the features and benefits of a Regular Salary Account?
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Free Personal Accidental Death Cover of Rs.1 lakh* on salary account. Know more.
- Free Air Accidental Death Cover of Rs.5 lakhs* on salary account. Know more.
- Free International Rewards Debit card with higher ATM withdrawal and shopping limits
- 5% savings on your everyday spends on partner merchants. Enjoy up to 2000* Reward points per month Click here to Know More.
- Shop with big brands across categories like Grocery, Fuel, Railways, Online & Pharmacy tearn your monthly reward points viz, Big Bazaar, BPCL, ITCTC, Snapdeal and ApollPharmacy
- Insurance Cover on Debit card
- Personal Accidental Death cover by Air/ Road/ Rail – Sum insured of RS 5. Lakhs.
- You also get additional International Air Coverage of flat Rs.25 Lakhs on purchase of air ticket using your Debit Card. (For International Air Tickets booked using HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card.)
- All Debit Card holders are required to use their Debit Card at retail OR online stores at least once every 30 days to keep the free Personal Death Insurance cover active.
- Enjoy higher spending & withdrawal limits
- Domestic Shopping limit – Rs.2.75 lac (at merchant outlet & Online store)
- Domestic Cash withdrawal – Rs.50,000
- Zero fuel Surcharge - Fuel Surcharge reversal on HDFC Bank Terminal at Select BPCL fuel stations
- Zero Liability cover up to 1 Lakh*
- Free add-on International Debit Card only for first year
- Free access to other bank ATMs in India*
- Preferential pricing on loan products*
- Transfer funds online tany bank across the country through NEFT / RTGS
- Anywhere Banking across our extensive Branch and ATM network
- Free e-mail alerts (InstaAlert facility)
- Free BillPay facility
- Free e-mail statements / passbook
- Free Demand Drafts payable at HDFC Bank branch locations
- Free Phonebanking, MobileBanking and NetBanking facilities
* Terms and Conditions apply – Features and Benefits may vary subject to corporate offer
What are the fees and charges of Regular Salary Account ?
Enclosed below are HDFC Bank Regular Salary Account fees and charges
|Description of Charges||Regular Salary Account|
|Minimum Balance (Average Monthly Balance)||NIL|
|Charges on non maintenance thereof||NIL|
|PAP Cheque book||Free 25 cheque leaves per half year
Additional chequebook of 25 leaves will be charged @ Rs 75/- per chequebook
|PAP Cheque book usage charges||No Charges|
|Issue of duplicate / adhoc statements||Branch - Rs 100/-
PhoneBanking ( Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.) - Rs.75/-
NetBanking, Mobile Banking, PhoneBanking - IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. & ATM - Rs 50/-
|Hold Statement||Rs. 400 per year|
|Duplicate passbook issuance*||Rs 100/-|
|Managers Cheques / Demand Drafts - Issuance / Re-issuance - On HDFC Bank Locations||
|Managers Cheque/Demand Drafts - Cancellation / Revalidation||Rs. 100 (Nil cancellation / revalidation charges for Managers Cheque / DD value upto Rs.1000/-)|
|Demand Drafts- Issued - On Non HDFC Bank Locations||
|Cheque Collection - Local Clearing Zone||Free|
|Collection of outstation cheques - our bank locations||
|Collection of outstation cheques - other locations||
|Cheque return charges drawn on us - Local||
|Cheques deposited returned unpaid||Charge of Rs 100/- per instance would be levied|
|Balance Enquiry - at Branch||Free|
Current year - Free,
Previous year - Rs. 50
|Interest Certificate||Rs. 50|
|Account Closure||Upto 14 days - No Charge
15 days upto 12 months - Rs 500/-
Beyond 12 months - No Charge
|Photo Attestation||Rs 100/- per instance
NIL (For Senior Citzens)
|Address Confirmation||Rs 50/- per instance|
|Stop Payment Charges||Particular cheque - Rs.100/-
Range of cheques - Rs.200/-
Free through NetBanking
|Standing Instructions||Setting up Charges - NIL
Rs. 25 per transaction plus remittanceRemittance is any form of money transfer or payment done from one's working country to home country. Depending on the difference in currency rates and the amount to be transferred, the charges on remittance are also different. charge
|Unarranged overdraft||Rs 100 per Occasion + 18% Interest p.a|
|Old records/copy of paid cheques||Upto 1 year - Rs. 50 per record,
Above 1 year - Rs. 100 per record
|Activation of dormant account||No charges|
|Branch transactions (Includes only Cheque deposit/Cheque issuance/Funds Transfer Debit/NEFT/RTGS)
(Charges over and above standard remittanceRemittance is any form of money transfer or payment done from one's working country to home country. Depending on the difference in currency rates and the amount to be transferred, the charges on remittance are also different. charges for Fund Transfer / NEFTThis stands for National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). It is a system that facilitates an individual or company to electronically transfer funds from any bank branch to any individual or company having an account with any other bank branch in the country. / RTGSIt stands for Real Time Gross Settlement. It means that funds transfers happen immediately, in real time. Instructions are processed at the time they are received rather than later. 'Gross Settlement' means the settlement of funds transfers occur on an instruction by instruction basis. This is considering that the funds settlement take place in the books of the Reserve Bank of India, the payments are final and irrevocable. .Remittance charges applicable starting first transaction onwards)
|- In case the AMB in the previous month is equal to or above Rs 50,000/- No charges would be levied
-In case the AMB is below Rs 50,000/- 15 txn free/month would be permitted and charge of Rs 75/txn would be levied from the 16th transaction onwards
|No.of cash transactions (Self at home and non-home branches)
Value Cap will be applicable along with Number Cap on Cash Txns on Non Home branch
|5 free cash transactions per month would be permitted and Rs 100/- per txn would be levied 6th transaction onwards.|
|Value of cash transactions through teller counters by Self||Home Branch - Free with no limit on cash deposit and withdrawal
Non Home Branch (Interbranch) -
Value upto Rs. 50,000/- per day - No charge
Above Rs. 50,000/- Rs 5/- per 1,000/- on the full amount
|Third party cash transactions through teller counters (at home and non-home branches)||Upto a limit of Rs.50,000 per day - Rs.100 (plus taxes and cess). Above Rs.50,000 - Not allowed
*For Senior Citizen customers, Kids / Minor accounts, while the current limits will be applicable, the accounts will not be charged
|Cash Handling for cash deposit at home branch||For non-managed customers
- Cash deposit value upto Rs 1 lakh/day - No charge
- Above Rs 1 lakh - Rs 25/- per Rs 50,000 or part thereof.
Charge will be levied for the full amount.
|Local Cheque deposited for outstation accounts||Free|
|Phonebanking - IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.||Free|
|Phonebanking - Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.||Free|
|ATM Card - Replacement charges||Rs. 200 (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Regular / Rewards||Free|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Gold / Platinum||Rs.750 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Women's Card||Free|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Regular / Rewards||Free|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Gold / Platinum||Rs.750 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Women's Card||Free|
|Debit Card - Replacement charges||Replacement of a damaged card - No charges & Replacement of a lost card - Rs. 200 (plus taxes and cess) (for all card types)|
|ATM / Debit Card Card - Transaction Charge||
|Debit Card - Transaction Charge - Non HDFC Bank International ATMs||Rs. 25 per balance enquiry & Rs. 125 per cash withdrawal (plus taxes)|
|The Bank will charge cross-currency mark-up of 3.5% on foreign currency transactions carried out on Debit Cards. The exchange rate used will be the VISA/Master Card wholesale exchange rate prevailing at the time of transaction|
|PIN regeneration charge||Rs. 50 (plus taxes and cess)|
|Decline charge for insufficient balance||Transactions declined at other Bank ATMs anywhere in the world or at a Merchant outlet outside India due to insufficient funds will be charged at Rs. 25 per transaction (plus taxes and cess)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Regular||
Rs 150 per year (plus taxes and cess)-One Add-on card free for the first year
|Add-on Debit Card - Rewards||
Rs 500 per year (plus taxes and cess)
|Add-on Debit Card - Gold Card / Platinum||Rs.750 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Women's Card||
Rs 150 per year (plus taxes and cess)-One Add-on card free for the first year
|Add-on Debit Card - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes and cess)|
|InstaPay||Rs. 10 (plus taxes and cess) per transaction|
|InstaAlert||Email - Free
SMS - Rs. 15/- per quarter
|Visa Money Transfer||Rs. 5 (plus taxes and cess) per transaction|
|NEFT Charges - Inward||NIL|
|NEFT Charges- outward||
|NEFT Charges for Indo Nepal transactions||Customers having NSBL*A/c - Rs 20/-
Customers having non-NSBL* A/c:
Upto Rs 5,000 - Rs 70/-
Above Rs 5,000 - Rs 95/-
* Nepal State Bank Ltd
|RTGS - Outward||
|RTGS - Inward||NIL|
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) - Outward
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) - Inward||NIL|
|ECS (Debit) Return Charges||- Rs 350/- in a quarter
- Rs 750/- would be levied, second instance onwards in the same quarter.
|Any Deliverable returned by courier due to negative reasons (no such consignee/ consignee shifted and no such address)||Rs 50/- per instance|
|TIN Regeneration (requests received at the branch for physical dispatch)||Rs 50/- per instance|
|IPIN Regeneration (requests received at the branch for physical dispatch)||Rs 100/- per instance|
|SI rejects||Rs 200/- per instance|
*at home branch for account holders (individuals)
Effective 1st June 2014, all fees and charges, mentioned in the Tariff of charges, will attract Service Tax @14%.
Effective 15th November 2015, all fees and charges will attract additional 0.5% Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC)
What are the eligibility criteria for Personal Accident Death Cover?
The following are the broad Terms & Conditions of the captioned cover on salary account and Titanium Royale Debit card
- Accidental Death resulting from bodily injury due accident only (for Defence: under civilian condition (off duty) )
- Accidental Death resulting from bodily injury which directly and independently of all other causes results in Death within twelve (12) months of the event date
- On the event date, the account holder
- Is a bonafide employees (aged less than 70 years ) of the organization to whom the specific offer has been extended
- Is holding a Salary Account under the Corporate Salary Account Program with HDFC Bank and has received salary credit in the month or month prior
- Should have carried out at least one purchase transaction using the Debit Card, within 6 months prior to the date of loss.
- In case of Air Accidental Death claim ticket should have been purchased using Debit Card linked to Salary Account
- Cover provided only to the primary account holder
Can I use my existing Salary Account if I have changed employers ?
Yes, In case an arrangement exists, we request you to visit the nearest branch along with a letter or an e-mail received from the official Corporate email ID. The letter / e-mail should have your complete name and account number and state that you have joined the corporate.
Is employment confirmation mandatory for me to open a Regular Salary Account?
Yes, employment confirmation is required to ensure that you are an employee of the company.
Can a Company ID card be accepted as a Photo ID document ?
No, a Company ID cannot be accepted as a Photo ID document. A government issued photo ID card is mandatory.
What is the time taken to realize outstation cheques?
The indicative time taken for the realization of outstation cheques is given below:
- Cheques drawn where HDFC Bank has a branch, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds in:
- Main metro locations (Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi): 7 working days
- Metro centers and state capitals (other than those of North Eastern states and Sikkim): Maximum period of 10 working days.
- In all other centres where we have branches: maximum period of 14 working days.
- Cheques drawn on non-branch locations where we have a tie-up with correspondent banks, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds: Within a maximum period of 14 working days
- Cheques drawn on non-branch locations where we do not have a tie-up with correspondent banks, credit will be given on receipt of clear funds: Within a maximum period of 14 working days