Regular Salary Account
A comprehensive salary account tailored for you; with special offers including free Personal Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 1 lac.
Apply now for an HDFC Bank Regular Salary Account.
- Free Personal Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 1 lakh*
- Free Personal Air Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 5 lakhs*
- Free access to other bank ATMs in India
- Free International Debit Card with higher limits
- Get your account number, chequebook and debit card instantly. Visit our nearest branch Now
- Access your bank account at your convenience
To refer your organisation, please visit your nearest branch.
What are the features and benefits of a Regular Salary Account?
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Free Personal Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 1 lakh*. Know more.
- Free Personal Air Accidental Death Cover of Rs. 5 lakhs*. Know more.
- Free International Debit Card with ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 25,000/- per day and shopping limit of Rs. 1,25,000/- per day
- Free access to other bank ATMs in India – 5 free cash withdrawal and balance enquiry transactions per month
- Free payable at par chequebook – One per quarter
- Free add-on International Debit Card only for first year
- Preferential pricing on loan products*
- Transfer funds online to any bank across the country through NEFT / RTGS
- Anywhere Banking across our extensive Branch and ATM network
- Free e-mail alerts (InstaAlert facility)
- Free BillPay facility
- Free e-mail statements / passbook
- Free Demand Drafts payable at HDFC Bank branch locations
- Free Phonebanking, MobileBanking and NetBanking facilities
* Terms and Conditions apply
What are the fees and charges of Regular Salary Account ?
Enclosed below are HDFC Bank Regular Salary Account fees and charges
|Description of Charges||Regular Salary Account|
|Minimum Balance (Average Monthly Balance)||NIL|
|Charges on non maintenance thereof||NIL|
|PAP Cheque book||Free 25 cheque leaves per calendar quarter
Additional chequebook of 25 leaves will be charged @ Rs 50/- per chequebook
|PAP Cheque book usage charges||No Charges|
|Issue of duplicate / adhoc statements||Branch - Rs 100/-
PhoneBanking ( Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.) - Rs.75/-
NetBanking, Mobile Banking, PhoneBanking - IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs. & ATM - Rs 50/-
|Hold Statement||Rs. 400 per year|
|Duplicate passbook issuance*||Rs 100/-|
|Managers Cheques / Demand Drafts - Issuance / Re-issuance - On HDFC Bank Locations||
|Managers Cheque/Demand Drafts - Cancellation / Revalidation||Rs 50/- (Nil cancellation / revalidation charges for DD value upto Rs 100/-)
Rs 40/- Senior Citizens (Nil cancellation / revalidation charges for DD value upto Rs 100/-)
|Demand Drafts- Issued - On Non HDFC Bank Locations||
|Cheque Collection - Local Clearing Zone||Free|
|Collection of outstation cheques - our bank locations||
|Collection of outstation cheques - other locations||
|Cheque return charges drawn on us - Local||
|Cheques deposited returned unpaid||Charge of Rs 100/- per instance would be levied|
|Balance Enquiry - at Branch||Free|
Current year - Free,
Previous year - Rs. 50
|Interest Certificate||Rs. 50|
|Account Closure||Upto 14 days - No Charge
15 days upto 12 months - Rs 500/-
Beyond 12 months - No Charge
|Photo Attestation||Rs 100/- per instance
NIL (For Senior Citzens)
|Address Confirmation||Rs 50/- per instance|
|Stop Payment Charges||Particular cheque (through branch) - Rs. 50/- Range of cheques (through branch) - Rs. 100/-
Through Phonebanking and Net banking - Free
|Standing Instructions||Setting up Charges - NIL
Rs. 25 per transaction plus remittanceRemittance is any form of money transfer or payment done from one's working country to home country. Depending on the difference in currency rates and the amount to be transferred, the charges on remittance are also different. charge
|Unarranged overdraft||Rs 100 per Occasion + 18% Interest p.a|
|Old records/copy of paid cheques||Upto 1 year - Rs. 50 per record,
Above 1 year - Rs. 100 per record
|Activation of dormant account||No charges|
|Branch transactions (Includes only Cheque deposit/Cheque issuance/Funds Transfer Debit/NEFT/RTGS)||- In case the AMB in the previous month is equal to or above Rs 50,000/- No charges would be levied
-In case the AMB is below Rs 50,000/- 15 txn free/month would be permitted and charge of Rs 75/txn would be levied from the 16th transaction onwards
|No.of cash transactions (Self at home and non-home branches)||5 free cash transactions per month would be permitted and Rs 100/- per txn would be levied 6th transaction onwards.|
|Value of cash transactions through teller counters by Self||Home Branch - Free with no limit on cash deposit and withdrawal
Non Home Branch (Interbranch) -
Value upto Rs. 49,999/ per day - No charge
Above Rs. 49,999/- Rs 5/- per 1,000/- on the full amount
|Third party cash transactions through teller counters (at home and non-home branches)||Upto a limit of Rs.50,000 per day - Rs.100 (plus taxes). Above Rs.50,000 - Not allowed|
|Cash Handling for cash deposit at home branch||For non-managed customers
- Cash deposit value upto Rs 1 lakh/day - No charge
- Above Rs 1 lakh - Rs 25/- per Rs 50,000 or part thereof.
Charge will be levied for the full amount.
|Local Cheque deposited for outstation accounts||Free|
|Phonebanking - IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.||Free|
|Phonebanking - Non IVRInteractive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and keypad inputs.||Free|
|ATM Card - Replacement charges||Rs. 100 (plus taxes)|
|ATM Card - Transaction Charge - Non HDFC Bank ATM||Free for first 5 transactions in a month
From 6th transaction onwards -
Cash withdrawal - Rs. 20/- transaction (inclusive of taxes)
Non-Financial Transaction -
Rs. 8.5/-transaction (exclusive of taxes) per transaction
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Regular||Free|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Gold / Platinum||Rs. 500 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Annual Fee - Women's Card||Free|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Regular||Free|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Gold / Platinum||Rs. 500 per year (plus taxes)|
|Debit Card - Renewal Fee - Women's Card||Free|
|Debit Card - Replacement charges||Replacement of a damaged card - No charges & Replacement of a lost card - Rs. 100 (plus taxes) (for all card types)|
|Debit Card - Transaction Charge - HDFC Bank ATMs||Free|
|Debit Card - Transaction Charge - Non HDFC Bank Domestic ATMs||A total of 5 free ATM financial and non-financial transactions per month
Rs. 20/- (inclusive of taxes) per transaction for ATM Cash Withdrawals
Rs. 8.50/- (exclusive of taxes) per transaction for ATM non-financial transactions
|Debit Card - Transaction Charge - Non HDFC Bank International ATMs||Rs. 15 per balance enquiry & Rs. 110 per cash withdrawal (plus taxes)|
|The Bank will charge cross-currency mark-up of 3.5% on foreign currency transactions carried out on Debit Cards. The exchange rate used will be the VISA/Master Card wholesale exchange rate prevailing at the time of transaction|
|PIN regeneration charge||Rs. 50 (plus taxes)|
|Decline charge for insufficient balance||Transactions declined at other Bank ATMs anywhere in the world or at a Merchant outlet outside India due to insufficient funds will be charged at Rs. 25 per transaction (plus taxes)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Regular||Rs 100 per year (plus taxes)-One Add-on card free for the first year|
|Add-on Debit Card - Gold Card / Platinum||Rs. 500 per year (plus taxes)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Women's Card||Rs 100 per year (plus taxes)-One Add-on card free for the first year|
|Add-on Debit Card - Titanium||Rs. 250 per year (plus taxes)|
|Add-on Debit Card - Titanium Royale||Rs. 400 per year (plus taxes)|
|InstaPay||Rs. 10 (plus taxes) per transaction|
|InstaAlert||Email - Free
SMS - Rs. 15/- per quarter
|Visa Money Transfer||Rs. 5 (plus taxes) per transaction|
|NEFT Charges - Inward||NIL|
|NEFT Charges- outward||
|NEFT Charges for Indo Nepal transactions||Customers having NSBL*A/c - Rs 20/-
Customers having non-NSBL* A/c:
Upto Rs 5,000 - Rs 70/-
Above Rs 5,000 - Rs 95/-
* Nepal State Bank Ltd
|RTGS - Outward||
|RTGS - Inward||NIL|
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) - Outward
Charges effective 10th May-14
|IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) - Inward||NIL|
|ECS (Debit) Return Charges||- Rs 350/- in a quarter
- Rs 750/- would be levied, second instance onwards in the same quarter.
|Any Deliverable returned by courier due to negative reasons (no such consignee/ consignee shifted and no such address)||Rs 50/- per instance|
|TIN/IPIN Regeneration (requests received at the branch for physical dispatch)||Rs 50/- per instance|
|SI rejects||Rs 200/- per instance|
*at home branch for account holders (individuals)
Effective 1st April 2012, all fees and charges, mentioned in the Tariff of charges, will attract Service Tax @12% and Education Cess @3% of the Service Tax amount.
What are the eligibility criteria for Personal Accident Death Cover?
The following are the broad Terms & Conditions of the captioned cover on salary account and Titanium Royale Debit card
- Accidental Death resulting from bodily injury due accident only (for Defence: under civilian condition (off duty) )
- Accidental Death resulting from bodily injury which directly and independently of all other causes results in Death within twelve (12) months of the event date
- On the event date, the account holder
- Is a bonafide employees (aged less than 70 years ) of the organization to whom the specific offer has been extended
- Is holding a Salary Account under the Corporate Salary Account Program with HDFC Bank and has received salary credit in the month or month prior
- Should have carried out at least one purchase transaction using the Debit Card, within 6 months prior to the date of loss.
- In case of Air Accidental Death claim ticket should have been purchased using Debit Card linked to Salary Account
- Cover provided only to the primary account holder
What are the documents required to open a Salary Account with HDFC Bank?
- Employment Confirmation from your company
- Photo ID
- Address Proof (If communication address is not office address)
Can I use my existing Salary Account if I have changed employers ?
Yes, In case an arrangement exists, we request you to visit the nearest branch along with a letter or an e-mail received from the official Corporate email ID. The letter / e-mail should have your complete name and account number and state that you have joined the corporate.
Is employment confirmation mandatory for me to open a Regular Salary Account?
Yes, employment confirmation is required to ensure that you are an employee of the company.
Is address proof a mandatory requirement ?
Address proof is mandatory, if communication address in not office address.