Safe Deposit Locker
What are the Features?
- Wide availability of locker locations and sizes
- Access to safe-deposit lockers at all branches, no matter where your account is held.
- Lockers are rented for one year, and rent is payable in advance.
Who is eligible?
- Lockers can be hired by individuals, limited companies, associations and trusts
- To use a locker, you should hold a Savings or Current account with HDFC Bank
A few things to know about the Nomination facility
- Nomination on safe-deposit lockers enables HDFC Bank to release the contents to the nominee of the hirer, in the event of the death of the hirer. If a locker is held jointly, and one of the hirers dies, the contents can only be removed jointly by the nominee(s) and the survivors
- The nomination facility is available to both single and joint hirers
- For sole hirers, the nomination can be made in favour of just one individual
- Unpaid locker rentals are recovered from the nominee
- If a locker is hired for a minor, the nomination will be made by someone lawfully entitled to act on behalf of the minor
What are the charges of Safe Deposit Lockers?
Locker rates vary for different branches in various sizes, hence customers are requested to get in touch with respective branch.
Terms & Conditions
- Lockers can be allotted individually as well as jointly.
- The Locker holder is permitted to add or delete names from the list of persons who can operate the Locker or have access to it locker.
- Loss of key is to be immediately informed to the base branch
- Lockers are to be surrendered only basis a written request from the Customer (in person) duly signed by all Locker holders. Any exceptions will be handled on a case-to-case basis.
- Contents of the letter should clearly state that the locker has been vacated & all the belongings have been removed.
- If the locker is surrendered in the middle of the financial year, rent collected for the remaining months will NOT be refunded to the customer.
What is the procedure to add / cancel / modify a nominee in my locker?
You will need to fill up the following forms and submit it to your locker branch. The forms are available in the Forms centre section of our website.
- For addition of a nominee: Form SL1 (sole hirer) / SL1A (joint hirer)
- For cancellation of nomination: Form SL2
- For change of nomination: Form SL3 (sole hirer) / SL3A (joint hirer)
The branch will assist you after the form has been submitted by you.
For more details, Contact Us.
What are the timings for locker operations?
You can plan your visit and access your locker on all working days during banking hours.
Can I pay for the rent of a locker through my account?
Yes, you can set a Standing Instruction in your Account to pay your annual locker rent.
Is a nomination facility available for lockers?
Yes, a nomination facility is available to Individuals /Joint hirers of Safe Deposit Lockers.
How many nominees can be added to a single locker?
A nomination can be made in favour of only one individual.