|Liquidate Fixed Deposits
- Premature Liquidation clause: Effective 01st Dec'06,
the interest rate applicable for premature closure of deposits
(all amounts) will be lower of:
- The base rate for the original/contracted tenure for which
the deposit has been booked.
- The base rate applicable for the tenure for which the
deposit has been in force with the Bank.
- The base rate is the rate applicable to deposits of less
than Rs.15 lacs as on the date of booking the deposit. As
per the Terms & Conditions of Fixed Deposit Accounts of
the bank, the penalty on premature closure of Fixed Deposits
including sweep-in and partial closures has been fixed by
the Bank at the rate of 1%. This is applicable to all deposits
booked/ auto renewed from 24th Jan 2011.
- The Fixed Deposit liquidation can happen only into the
source savings/current account from which the Fixed Deposit
has been booked. No liquidation is possible into any other
account or by DD/MC.
- This facility does not allow partial liquidation of the
fixed deposit into the source savings / current account.
- This facility is available on NetBanking only to customers
having a Single Ownership account status on Fixed Deposit
as well as source savings/current account with the Bank.
- Only FDs booked thru NetBanking/phoneBanking can be
liquidated online. For FDs opened thru the branch, please
visit your nearest branch for liquidation.
- Please view the Fixed Deposit summary page and check if
there is any lien marked on the Fixed Deposit. If there
is a lien marked on the Fixed Deposit, please note that
the Fixed Deposit will not be liquidated online. Please
visit your HDFC Bank Branch for the same.
- In case of NRE deposit, no interest will be paid if the
deposit is prematurely encashed before the minimum tenure
of 1 year.
- Premature liquidation of FCNR deposit is not available
through online banking. Please contact your branch for the
- In case of premature liquidation of NRO Fixed Deposit
registered for DTAA, the refund of TDS on account of premature
closure will be provided within 3-4 working days to your
linked Savings Account.
- In case of online premature liquidation of NRO Deposit,
the entire proceeds will be credited to NRO Account only.