Internet Banking Security Tips:
HDFC Bank has been one of the pioneers in extending internet banking services to cater to anytime, anywhere banking needs of its customers by leveraging on to its state-of-the-art technology platforms. Internet Banking has also been exploited by hackers and fraudsters to deceive the bank's customer and commit frauds. While the bank has best-of-the-breed solutions, processes and people deployed to extend secure banking to its customers, it is important for our customers to know that "SecUrity is incomplete without U". Customers need to follow secure computing guidelines to avert any frauds or security breaches to their accounts, as keys to the internet banking accounts are held by respective account owners in the form of Customer IDs and Internet Banking passwords (IPIN).
- Keep your Customer ID and IPIN confidential and do not disclose it to anybody.
- Change your IPIN as soon as you receive it by logging into your NetBanking account. Memorise your IPIN, do not write it down anywhere.
- Refer "Protect your computer accounts with strong passwords" section under computer security tips.
- Avoid accessing internet banking from shared computer networks such as cyber cafes.
- Do not click on links in the emails or sites other than www.hdfcbank.com to access your NetBanking webpage.
- Always visit the HDFC Bank's NetBanking site through HDFC Bank's home page by typing the bank's website address (www.hdfcbank.com) on to the browser's address bar. Users are encouraged to add the bank's URL to Favorites or Bookmark in the user computer browser.
- Always verify the authenticity of the Bank's NetBanking webpage by checking its URL as "https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com" and the PAD Lock symbol at the bottom corner of the browser before putting in your Customer ID and IPIN.
- If your Customer ID and IPIN appear automatically on the login page of NetBanking webpage, you should disable "Auto Complete" feature on your browser. To disable auto complete feature:
- Open Internet Explorer, Click on Tools=> Internet Options=> Content.
- Click on "Auto Complete", under "Personal Information"
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms", click on "Clear Passwords"
- Click "OK"
- Use virtual keyboard feature while logging into your internet banking account.
- Do cross check your last login information available in NetBanking upon every login to ascertain your last login and monitor any unauthorised logins.
- Always type your confidential account information. Do not copy paste it.
- Monitor your transactions regularly.
- Use HDFC Bank's "InstaAlerts" service.
- Always logout when you exit NetBanking. Do not directly close the browser.
- In addition to the above stated points please refer Computer Security Tips.